Smartcard reader no longer usable after installing the beta

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by cesargar, Aug 21, 2006.

1. cesargar

cesargar Bit poster

My USB Smartcard reader stopped working after upgrading to the latest Parallels Desktop Beta :(

The device status is now always "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

IT Connection Manager the reports "No smart card reader is installed. (Error 764)"

Any tips on how to workaround this?

Or, how do I revert to the released version?

thanks

2. cesargar

cesargar Bit poster

the problem remains on the RC version

I'm very sorry to report that the problem is still present in the RC version. I'm afraid I will have to stop using Parallels (and ask for a refund) if this bug is not solved.

3. sportwa72

sportwa72 Bit poster

What is the brand/make/model of your smartcard reader? I use IT Connection Manager with my smartcard reader and it works just fine.

4. cesargar

cesargar Bit poster

USB ActivCard SRR200, on a MacBook Pro.
    What model are you using?

5. DirtyDiva

DirtyDiva Bit poster

I'm in the same boat

Same problem here. I have a gemPC Twin smart card reader. It's checked in the USB list but when I try to connect with IT manager, it tells me no smart card reader is installed. I hate having to use bootcamp. :mad:

6. athos

athos Member

I have the GemPC Twin -- what magic note do you have to sing to get it to even show up in the USB menu? I'ts connected, the light is blinking and Parallels doesn't even see it. This is with the latest beta. I need to VPN into work, and now I"m stuck.

7. akac

akac Hunter

Using build 1884 USB devices work great for me including my USB smartcards. Using the later builds (I have not yet tried 1910) do not work for me using USB devices. Just a note...