1884 Vista Beta2 nd no Networking?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by peterwor, Sep 9, 2006.

1. peterwor

peterwor Hunter

I've installed Vista Beta 2 in a VM and everything EXCEPT networking is working.
    It seems that some of you guys have networking working, how?
    I'm running bridged Airport and Vista is telling m that I have NO network devices installed. The PD app tells me that the Realtek 8029AS Bridged networking is connected but that fact sems ot be lost on Vista.
    What am I supposed to do to get Vista to be able to use my Airport bridged networking?

Help?
    Peter

2. iobuffa

iobuffa Bit poster

I have the same issue. No networking over here either. Anyone with networking working want to shed some light?

3. peterwor

peterwor Hunter

Fixed it.
    I went into device manager and deleted both the PCI bridge and the RealTek device and let Vista redetect them, when it went to redetect I pointed at the vmtools image and all of a sudden its up and working.

HTH,
    Peter

4. Roger M

Roger M Junior Member

when you say you "Deleted" them, did you actually delete them from the device manager? how did you do this, right click & delete? Also, after deleting, what did you do to redetect, click on add hardware?

I have tried installing the tools, updating the driver and switching to jumbo and back again...all to no avail. thanks

5. Ynot

Ynot Pro

You should update driver for network device from device manager and install Realtek 8029(AS) NIC driver from Parallels tools image. After that manipulations all will work fine.

6. Roger M

Roger M Junior Member

so far it has not worked for me. I keep getting "installation failed" messages

7. Ynot

Ynot Pro

Are you installing driver from Drivers/Network/RTL8029/Win2000.XP.ME.2003 ?

8. sportwa72

sportwa72 Bit poster

Networking = YES, PCI Bridge = NO

I tried the same thing (deleted both devices from Device Manager in Vista), and during the network adapter detection, I pointed it at the tools directory and it installed fine. However the PCI bridge still isn't installed correctly after detection.

9. Roger M

Roger M Junior Member

WINNER!!!!!!!!!!

yea baby! parallels tools was defaulting to to the Realtek which would not work.

Thank you sooooo much ynot :D

10. Ynot

Ynot Pro

sportwa72, it's normal situation. Try to not give so much attention to that device :)