Media Center Edition 2005 (MCE)?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by batchannel, Jul 20, 2006.

1. batchannel

batchannel Bit poster

I've installed Media Center Edition 2005, but when I try to watch video in Media Center, I get "Video Error - Files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly."

The first time I installed Parallels Tools, it errored out with a "video card" error, but the second time it seemed to install without issue. Nonetheless, when I open Media Center, I get the error "your Video card or drivers are not compatible with Media Center"

Any ideas? Has anyone else successfuly install Media Center Edition in Parallels?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  2. huber14

huber14 Bit poster

Same problem here.

I'm having the same issue... really pisses me off. I'm guessing it's driver issues associated with the video card. I've seen this problem in the past when I didn't have the correct drivers installed on a PC. I'm guessing Parallels will have to release a MCE05 friendly driver... that is unless someone beats them to the punch! We can only hope.

Anyone got any suggestions???

3. kevwright

kevwright Bit poster

No disrepect guys, but it is not listed as supported, so I guess there are reasons for that!

Kev

4. rstewar

rstewar Bit poster

MCE networking not working for me

I've gone through the networking FAQ and tried everything that was suggested and I still can't seem to get networking to work on either a wireless connection or a wired connection. ipconfig is not picking up an IP address.

Are you guys having any difficulty with networking?

Another oddity is that when I click on the IE icon on the desktop, it asks me which app I'd like to use to open IE. Naturally, I know that IE is an app, but my computer doesn't think so. I can, however, I can go into windows explorer, type and URL and it will tell me that there is not network present.

I have reinstalled XP MCE twice and the third disc (I think it is the update disc) fails to install. The MCE elements seem to work, but the network clearly does not.

Any help? I've used Windows for years and would consider my knowledge above average, but can't seem to get this to work. Suggestions?

Randy

5. Steb

Steb Bit poster

I'm also using MCE05 and everything works well except the video driver. Parallels, please support this version of Windows!! , would be great to have an updated video driver in the next beta.

6. Vajrakilaya

Vajrakilaya Bit poster

MCE in latest Parallels beta?

I see that there were video driver problems in August when trying to run MCE under Parallels. Have those been fixed in the latest beta?

I've seen that someone was able to get BeyondTV Link (their streaming video add-on) to work under Parallels. Has anyone been able to get any of the PVRs to work under Parallels?