Can't install XP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by pturner, Sep 13, 2006.

1. pturner

pturner Bit poster

Windows tries to install, but ultimately stops indicating and error of some kind which reads -

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, " ..... and then it flips back to the setup window.

Anybody have any idea what's going on here? I'm using build 1848

2. NOEmesis

NOEmesis Bit poster

Installing XP

I too have the same problem installing XP. it keeps failing in the middle of the installation. i can't even read the entire error message since it merely flashes the error. i've tried several times and a friend of mine tried to install it too. neither of us has had any luck. i can't return my macbook anymore since i passed the return date. i'm at a loss as to why there's very little technical help from apple or anyone.

3. pturner

pturner Bit poster

got it!

Well, I finally got windows to install. I deleated the VM I was trying to build, threw away any Parallels preferences I could find, turned off the computer and let it sit for awhile, then rebuilt the VM, slipped in the WinXP CD, hit enter to get it strated and off it went. Now I don't know if I just got lucky or if there was something to throwing the preference file I found, shutting down the computer and starting all over again. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have to go through all that again.