Sound Problems in Beta3

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dporko, Apr 12, 2006.

1. dporko

dporko Bit poster

Hi,

Has anyone tried sound in beta3 yet? I enabled it for Windows 2000 but after a short burst of sound during login I get an hour glass and windows 2000 stops responding. CPU utilization is extremely high %56/%100. As soon as I disable sound everything works normal again.

Thanks
    Dave

2. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

I have been running the Slingbox system with audio for the last hour - it has worked flawlessly. However, I'm running XP, not W2K.
    D

3. dporko

dporko Bit poster

WinXP Install hangs with Sound enabled

After having problems with sound under Win2K I decided to install a new winXP vm. With sound enabled, the install hung during the install devices section. I had mouse and cursor movement but it had not completed after waiting for two hours. I then disabled sound and restarted the install. The install completed in less than 20 minutes. I then installed the parallel tools and enabled the sound device. Success, I have sound. A little choppy at the start.

Dave

4. snit

snit Member

I'm trying to watch baseball from mlb.com and the video works, but the sound never comes on. Doesn't seem to work in any app.

5. RickMaddy

RickMaddy Member

I had the same problem with Win2K. First hint of sound and the VM hangs. Disable sound and all is well.

6. PCMacGuy

PCMacGuy Junior Member

Same problem that I'm having. Win2k all patches, Zonealarm and McAfee installed. iMac 20" with 1.5GB RAM.

-PCMacGuy

7. mmak

mmak Member

Same problem, sound freezes win 2K.

8. jelockwood

jelockwood Bit poster

Sound in beta3

Sound is working for me in XP Pro, however on a Mac mini Dual Core at least it is breaking up just like Virtual PC tends to do on a PowerBook G4.

9. Ynot

Ynot Pro

Yup, enabled sound can freeze win2k. Will be fixed in next version.

10. sunnfun

sunnfun Junior Member

I have exactly the same problem with Beta3

11. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Sound issues with guest Windows 2000 are already fixed and will be included into next update. Thanks for reporting!

12. lancetx

lancetx Junior Member

That's great. You guys are awesome!