Build 1896.2 Auto Start Error

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by philnewts, Sep 18, 2006.

1. philnewts

philnewts Member

Hi

I am getting the following message when setting the VM machine to auto start when config loaded.

Error occurred while trying to interact with Parallels driver! Parallels Desktop is either not installed or/and configured or has integrity problems, which prevent it from operating properly. Please reinstall the Parallels Desktop.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. philnewts

philnewts Member

Correction

This seems to happen when loading straight from the .pvs file. I f I load Parallels from .app file then power on it seems to work without message

Any ideas?

3. MarkHolbrook

MarkHolbrook Pro

Does it do it if you wait a fair amount of time after boot?

I will get that same message if I try to run Parallels too quickly after boot up.

I saw your other post about auto-start. I suggest you create an AppleScript. Run the script on boot but in the script give like 1 minute delay then run Parallels. Have your VM loaded and set to auto-start on boot.

That way you just run Parallels and it will load and run your VM. The script will give the delay.

4. philnewts

philnewts Member

I have found that if you only use one VM and set this to auto start you can put The Parallels .app into your login items this way you get auto load on login, works well if you have virtue desktop and lock PD to its own desktop.

5. MarkHolbrook

MarkHolbrook Pro

Phil,

What virtual desktop are you using? I have been waiting patiently for the code tek virtual desktop SW to be finished. They are lagging way behind.

I would love to do the same thing.

M

6. philnewts

philnewts Member

Way tooo much time on my hands.....

(See attachments)

Here is an automator script that allows launch of either VM from the dock and I have assigned them icons for each.

Key to this working is that Parallels desktop is set to not load any VM on launch and the script will run for each, of course you could add these to your login items

Attached Files:

7. philnewts

philnewts Member

Mark I am using virtuedesktop that allows you to have your VM running in full screen on one desktop and OSX on others (up to 4 are supported)