Windows XP in Parallels just stops... no message

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Brian C. Stradale, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale Bit poster

For over a month I had been using Windows XP Pro inside Parallels on my MacBook... worked awesome! (I do software development with Visual Studio 2005, MS Office 2003 Pro, Visio... that stuff and my app all ran better in Parallels on my Mac than they did on my prior PC laptop!!)

Unfortunately, that all came to an end. Now whenever I login, about 60 seconds later everything freezes up... and then 30 seconds or so and it returns to the Parallels configuration window.

I can boot and run in Safe Mode just fine... but then I can't run the software I need to run.

I've tried running all the virus scan / removal programs I can find... they don't find anything.
    I did a upgrade install of Windows XP Pro, hoping it would fix the problem... no such luck.

Any ideas?

2. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

3. purpanther

purpanther Bit poster

I'm having a similar problem. I moved from a defective MBP to a core-solo mini (temp move while mbp is at applecare) and now WinXP pro goes to the "Windows XP" screen with the moving bar and then just quits and goes to the parallels screen. I'm trying a fresh install of windows today to see if it's the mini or the image.

I would like to recover my image though if possible. Also, I just updated to 1898 this morning.

Any ideas?