New Build 1898 is out :)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by firebird2k, Sep 19, 2006.

1. WickDC

WickDC Bit poster

BIG Problem with 1898

Mac Pro 3Ghz
    2MB ram
    Bluetooth keyboard and mouse
    Build 1884 running just fine.

Ran the 1898 installer, recognized it should upgrade, hit upgrade, about 75% through the process system crached....dim screen, power off required. Rebooted, same crash on the login screen every time.

Rebooted in Safe Boot, uninstalled. Rebooted, everything's fine. Tried installed 1898 again, same issue. After uninstalling, tried reinstalled 1884. SAME ISSUE. So now I can't even use 1884 which was working fine before. Uninstalled and rebooted in safe boot, even tried installing in safe boot, always the same thing. System boots, gets to the login screen okay, disk goes a little bit more, then crashes while the login screen is still on. Every time, either build now. :/

2. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

3. awilliamsny

awilliamsny Bit poster

Thanks guys, great work. Looking forward to using all my RAM, all the time, within a couple weeks :D

4. SiskoKid

SiskoKid Member

Mac Pro 2.66GHz, 2GB Ram, ATI card

And this new version still freezes up my computer. It makes my mouse jump around slowly and I have to force reboot the computer. Anyone know what's going on or how to fix this? It's driving me nuts! I really would like to run Parallels, but I don't want to spend $ if I can't use the software.

Any help would be great! THANKS!

5. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

SiskoKid,

1. Is it happens during installation or during VM start?
    2. Does build 1896.2 worked for you?

6. SiskoKid

SiskoKid Member

It has happened since the first beta. The same problem every single iteration. I don't know what's wrong with it.

Also I can install the software fine. The system chokes almost at random times. MANY times it chokes when I click the green arrow to start installing Windows. Sometimes it chokes half way through the Windows installation process. Sometimes I get Windows installed completely, but it chokes when I try to use Windows. Every time I've gotten to actually be IN Windows, I have like 4 minutes before it chokes again. Once it chokes, it's all dead forever, I can never re-enter the Operating System and I have to reinstall it. If I try re-entering the Windows OS after it has been completely installed, I automatically get choked up and I have to force restart my computer.

Any way I can get around it?

Edit: I'm still having the issues, but someone has suggested I make a new profile and see if everything runs in the new profile. So I'm in the process right now to see if it'll all work. I'll update in an hour or so and see if everything runs smoothly.

Edit #2: Nevermind, it still doesn't work. It choked on its first installation doing the exact same thing. Is there any way around this? Anyone else have this problem? It's not kernel panics, it just freezes up the system and I can't move anything and I have to force a reboot. And the system's not completely frozen, when I move the mouse, it moves VERY VERY VERY slowly, like half a centimeter a second and sometimes it shows a beach ball spinning forever while also moving VERY VERY VERY slowly. I tried waiting it out, but after 15 minutes, I had to restart yet again.

Any help would be grand. I only have 2 more days left on my trial key.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  7. rototom

rototom Bit poster

Build 1898 is running fine at my Mac Pro. I did a fresh clean install and everything went through well. Also installed Parallels Tools at my WIN XP guest system without any problems. Also shared folders and network access are running as they should.

Mac Pro 2,66 GHz
    6 GB RAM (currently limitied to 2 GB)
    250 MB HD
    1,2 TB Stripped Raid
    7300 Nvidia (will change tomorrow to X1900 XT)

Regards
    Thomas

8. akac

akac Hunter

Andrew - what I'm seeing specifically is that running 1884 - all my USB devices run perfectly. Running 1896.2 and up - NONE of them do. Specifically my Pocket PC (Treo) and my eToken security key.

9. claud9999

claud9999 Bit poster

1898?

Where is it released? I have 1896.2 (sent to me by support in response to my WM5 phone not working in 1848.) Or did you mis-type 1848?

10. pturner

pturner Bit poster

Paralles doesn't see USB/radio

I'm trying to run a modem connecte to an SSB radio on Windows XP. Like many others I'm having difficulty getting to the USB device. I get the standard ..... "it's being used by another application"..... thing. Can you offer any suggestions on what I might try?

11. Andrew @ Parallels

If you'll revert back to 1884 - will they start working again? Could you check please?

12. DBCohen

DBCohen Junior Member

Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Parallels Tools with this new version?

13. Andrew @ Parallels

Yes. You can just install it (update) on top of existing ones.

14. barrowman

barrowman Bit poster

How do I get the 1898 Version? It's still 1848 on the download site :confused:

My Macbook when I ask for an update is saying it's up to date on 1848.

So where can I get the 1898 version for the MacPro :confused:

15. Andrew @ Parallels

You can download it here - http://www.parallels.com/en/download/desktop/update/ .

16. barrowman

barrowman Bit poster

thank you :)

17. WickDC

WickDC Bit poster

FIXED: 1898 Problem - Cisco VPN client

Well, the problem is the Cisco VPN client version 4.9.

After booting in Safe Boot mode and removing the "CiscoVPN" folder from /System/StartupItems and the "CiscoVPN.kext" file from /System/Extensions, 1989 works just fine!

18. akac

akac Hunter

Yes. Reverting back to 1884 USB works. Going to the last two builds it does not. I've also made sure I'm not running old stuff in the dock and such.

19. Andrew @ Parallels

Thanks for info! Could I ask you to submit support ticket here - http://www.parallels.com/en/support/p,2/ ? Please list some of the devices which worked and stop working now. We will follow up there with investigation.

Does anyone else expirience the same problem?