Parallels Workstation 2.2 Release Candidate is Ready for Download!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ben @ Parallels, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Ben @ Parallels

Ben @ Parallels Member

The Release Candidate (RC) for Parallels Workstation 2.2 for Windows and Linux is online and ready for download!

2.2 RC has a number of improvements, the most notable of which are stronger support for Intel Virtualization Technology and AMD Secure Virtual Machine Technology (both of which drive great performance and stability - see my recent blog post on the subject for more info), and the addition of Microsoft Windows Vista as a guest OS. You can check out the full list of new features here.

The addition of Vista is a really great feature for our Windows and Linux users, since they now have the ability to test Vista and play with configurations without having to sacrifice an entire production machine.

NOTE TO REGISTERED USERS:
    As with all updates, you won't need to reinstall your guest OSes, nor will you lose any saved data. You should, however, reinstall Parallels tools after updating your Parallels Workstation build.

NOTE TO NEW USERS:
    You can download and install Parallels Workstation 2.2 on a "blank" system, and get a trial key to activate your copy.

2. David Corrales

David Corrales Hunter

3. dglock2

dglock2 Hunter

2.2 rc

Great job,parallels!

I now have sound, which didn't work in the 2.2 beta.

Host=open suse 10.1 guest=windows xp and windows 2000.

I still don't have any usb devices available in the drop down menu, it says "empty" even though i have the usb controler set to auto start.

What needs to be changed to activate the usb devices?

don

4. lasrever

lasrever Bit poster

still cannot get q to connect...

all the new updates promise that windows mobile 5 will work.
    so far i am unable to do so. :(
    really - it should be as easy as syncing on a p.c., right?

any help would be greatly appreciated - i desperately need to back up my device and install the update which i currently cannot do through parallels. :eek:

(and yes, i've read the other postings and still... :confused:
    ...i just want to be able to plug in and sync as if it were a p.c.)

thanks,
    nick

5. Roaster

Roaster Member

PERFECT WORK, REALLY PERFECT!

Just installed Vista RC1 and it works! Of course, some of the tools are missing especially the video driver and mouse accelerator but for the current beta I'm impressed - thanks!

BTW the sound now works again when running Windows 98 guest but I'm still in need of a mouse driver in Win98SE since my cursor sometimes is very hard to move around :-(
    The video driver still shows state "unknown" in Win98SE in Parallels Tool.

6. jensw

jensw Member

Hello,

I installed the RC successfully on my Laptop. But everytime I try to enable fullscreenmode using
    ALT+ENTER my screen Is flickering until I press CTRL. Is this normal?

Thanks and best regards,
    Jens

7. Ynot

Ynot Pro

jensw, what do you mean when you say "flickering" ? Do you see Parallels and Windows desktop or Parallels draws itself strange things or any other thing ?

8. jensw

jensw Member

My Desktop gets black and I see the border of the paralles windows flickering until I press
    CTRL for 1 or two times. If I use the menu to switch to fullscreen nothing happens at all.
    Also using Vista parallels consumes nearly all my CPU (host side) even if Vista doesn't do anything (verified that in the Vista taskmanager).

My machine is a Samsung R50 with a 1.6ghz Pentium M and 1.5GB RAM.

Best regards,
    Jens

9. Ynot

Ynot Pro

jensw, Thanks for reply, we'll check that up.
    And unfortunately Vista is supported as experimental feature and not fully optimized.

10. jensw

jensw Member

Could you reproduce the issues I posted above and fix them in final release?

Thanks and best regards,
    Jens

11. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Junior Member

Like Roaster, I'm still not getting mouse pointer synchronization in Windows 98 (SE) with Parallels build 1922. The Parallels toolbox shows status "unknown" for the video driver. Hope this gets fixed at some point.