Cannot host Webex meeting in RC2

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by canney151, Jun 5, 2006.

1. VTMac

VTMac Pro

Works fine for me as a guest in WebEx. Also I host about 5 meetings a week as a host using GotoMeeting, which by the way is faster, cheaper and better than WebEx.

2. seanfrazier

seanfrazier Bit poster

can't share desktop in webex/placeware or glance

this is a showstopper. can't use parallels now. presos work fine, but sharing desktop kills the whole machine (mac and all).

3. danielearwicker

danielearwicker Bit poster

Exactly the same thing happened to me today and almost screwed up a presentation I was trying to do. I had to be rescued by a Windows user who let me remote desktop to my Macbook from their PC! Can you imagine how embarrassing that is?!

Viewing a Webex session is fine, but when I shared my desktop I found I could hang up Parallels completely by opening the Windows Start menu or any window's system menu (with move/resize/etc on it).

(I'm running build 1848 of parallels).

4. VTMac

VTMac Pro

Webex really is out dated. Try GotoMeeting. Works perfectly in Parallels.

5. Robster

Robster Hunter

Webex maybe out dated but when it is your corporate standard it needs to work not use a differnet solution.

Webex needs fixing in Parallels.

Robin

6. seanfrazier

seanfrazier Bit poster

???

Webex is outdated? says who? most of the corporate world uses it. btw, same problem with Placeware, glance, and I even had issues with gotomtg when sharing the full desktop.

let's stop making excuses and try addressing the problem. especially since it used to work in some of the earlier build so obviously there is a problem.

thanks.

- sean

7. liven2

liven2 Bit poster

We use it all the time at our work and we have just moved from a all Windows department to an all Mac solution. This is killing us! I hope they find a fix!

8. lithe951

lithe951 Member

Similar problem in 1940, I posted another thread with more detail. Actually our company standard is LiveMeeting which is also broken. We have a webex account which they don't like us using because it's expensive, but I have no choice because at least it almost works.

FYI I love Goto Meeting, used it for a couple years in my previous job and it's great. I'm trying to get our company to let me get an account with them, but no dice so far.

Mark

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006