Build 1908 - still poof - let me help?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by thorby, Sep 21, 2006.

1. thorby

thorby Member

I installed the two MacPro firmware updates. I installed build 1908 and restarted afterward. I double-click winxp.pvs to launch Parallels desktop. I click the green triangle.

The VM launches and the message sheet about VT-x slides down. The Winxp initial splash displays. Then the VM window expands to the 1280x800 window size (the VT-x sheet is still there) and then it disappears and the property display is back (with the VT-x sheet still in it!).

The winxp VM cannot complete bootup. This is the same new VM that I build with 1894, it ran great and rebooted several times at first, then came to this unstable condition.

The Ubuntu VM I built with 1894, sometimes runs and sometimes dies -- it gets further up, to the point of letting me login, but sometimes dies as it tries to display the desktop, sometimes keeps going.

I repeat I would be delighted to help diagnose this problem!!! If you have a reliable failure model in-house, fine -- if not, I have reliable failures aplenty and will be happy to run any diagnostics you want.

2. danimal39

danimal39 Junior Member

I'll second that. Build 1848 works great for me on my MacBook Pro 17" 2.16. None of the newer builds can seem to run for more than a few hours (minutes sometimes) before the VM poofs into nothing. If there is some sort of verbose logging I can help test with, I'd be more than happy to. I also test software from many large companies on a regular basis so testing procedures are no problems. It would be nice to hear some comments from Parallels! BTW, the orange polos at WWDC ruled. =)

--
    Dann