Sound device selection still not, never been working?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by loughkb@yahoo.com, Sep 25, 2006.

1. loughkb@yahoo.com

loughkb@yahoo.com Member

I have noticed this from the beginning. I have three sound devices, internal plus two usb devices. Withing paralles, I have two choices for sound device, "Built in" and "Null".

I keep waiting for this dialog to let me choose my other devices. Since parallels WILL NOT WORK with the USB audio devices directly, this would allow me to assign my windows session to a specific audio device.

Also, my keyspan usb serial adapter, which did work fine with parallels prior to build 1884, still does not work. The dreaded "device is in use" error.

Please comment. Thanks,

Kevin.

2. loughkb@yahoo.com

loughkb@yahoo.com Member

So I got around the serial usb adapter problem. I uninstalled the keyspan software for OSX, removing the kernal module. OSX ignores the adapter and it can be connected to the parallels VM and windows sees it. This is not by any means a convenient solution, I have to reload the OSX software when I want to use the adapter with a Mac application.

Now if parallels would just let me select the external usb audio device as its sound device for emulation, I would be able to accomplish the main use I have for parallels.

Parallels team, please please please, add support for other audio devices, or at least comment on why it can't be done.

Kevin.