Mouse handling taken a step back with Beta3?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by oxonian, Apr 13, 2006.

1. oxonian

oxonian Member

In beta two, I could move the mouse in and out of the Parallels window, and it would seemlessly swap from the white XP pointer to the balck OSX pointer. Now in Beta3 it seems I have to constantly use the "release mouse" key combo. Am I missing some preference settign somewhere, or has that nice feature been disabled?

2. Sele

Sele Bit poster

mouse functions

This feature has not been disabled because it is working flawlessly on mine. I did reinstall the tools after I installed beta 3. That would be worth a try.

3. Flenser

Flenser Bit poster

Install the tools...twice?

Yes, after installing beta 3 I noticed the mouse being a bit laggy as well. I chose the menu item in the ||s app to install the tools. It ran the installer, but appeared to uninstall everything. So, I chose the menu item again, and it installed everything. After that, the mouse was much smoother and I was happy again. :)

4. oxonian

oxonian Member

OK Flenser, thanks, the thing was that I'd run the Install Tools... thing once since getting Beta3, and I needed to run it twice (once to remove, once to install new ones).

BTW the install tools ... option doesn't usually manage to run on my XP setup, but I notice that the tools software is correctly on a (virtual) CD in the CD drive, so I could run it from there.