USB TV tuner under parallels

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Vajrakilaya, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Vajrakilaya

Vajrakilaya Bit poster

Has anyone tried a USB TV tuner, like the WinTV-PVR-USB2, under parallels?

I don't want to go buy it then return it if it's not going to work
    Thanks
    - Ty

2. sjette

sjette Bit poster

I am going to try one tonight and let you know.

3. sjette

sjette Bit poster

So far, it's not working

4. notreadbyhumans

notreadbyhumans Bit poster

Nova-t USB

Has anybody had any success running TV cards under parallels on a mac. I have a Nova-t USB that I would like to be able to run under an XP VM. I have installed the drivers and application but when it runs no picture is visible (no sound either) - it seems to be picking up the device okay so my suspicion is that there is an issue with the graphics drivers.

Any ideas?

5. Parallelogram

Parallelogram Member

I tried the Pinnacle PCTV (USB) with Parallels under a previous beta, and it didn't work (it did work under Boot Camp). With the latest beta, I am completely unable to use WIndows in any form.

6. miket

miket Bit poster

I'd like to revive this thread: USB TV Tuner with RC 3120

I found this old thread, and now that USB 2.0 is supposedly working with RC 3120, I'd like to know if anyone has gotten one of these devices working...?

I have the ATI TV Wonder which is a USB 2.0 device. I am using RC 3120 with WIndows XP pro. Windows does claim the devce is "working properly" but the TV program says that no tuner is attached. Has anyone else had any luck?

-Mike

7. zoc

zoc Bit poster

TV devices generally need special support from the display driver (DirectVideo). The display driver of Parallels does not support this for now, so there is no chance to see something displayed...

8. pewe

pewe Bit poster

I tried a Pinnacle PCTV 400e DVB-S box with Parallels - no luck at all. It does install the drivers, and windows reports that the device is working, but as soon as program tries to access the box, the whole vm crashes badly with the well known 'IRQ not less or equal' bsod.

I don't blame Parallels for it, because they state that some usb 2 devices will not work.

9. shanert

shanert Bit poster

Hi

If I use a Linux Live-CD, I can use the PCTV USB2 (Pinnacle). But if I use the same Live-CD with Parallels, it want run.

10. wesley

wesley Pro

That particular model has a Mac driver, actually. Use the myTV.PVR driver from here:
    http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/support/support_eskape.html

I know this because I own one. :)

11. MacUser007

MacUser007 Bit poster

Linux live

What is the linux live you use?