Desktop Update RC2 compatible with ANY Intel Mac with ANY RAM config!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ben @ Parallels, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Ben @ Parallels

Ben @ Parallels Member

Hello all -

I'm very happy to let you know that we have released a new Update build - Parallels Desktop for Mac Update RC2 - that eliminates the 4GB RAM restriction found in previous builds.

With the Update RC2, you can now use Parallels Desktop on ANY Intel Mac with ANY memory configuration - even Mac Pro towers with 16GB of RAM - without any system modification!

Get the build here and learn more about what's included at the Update RC2 Main Page.

Thanks again to all of our testers who helped get this out the door so fast!

2. danMacPRO

danMacPRO Bit poster

Will this remove the USB problem where MAC OX grabs the USB devices, and we get "Wait for 5 to 10..."

3. Robbie_DB

Robbie_DB Member

Slower... no internet...

Not sure if it's just me... but I've loaded every update of Parallels without one glitch - ever. Until today... this one intially didn't recognise my exisiting virtual setup - saying I needed to read the PDF files to learn how to set up a virtual machine for the first time.

Then suddenly it did recognise my existing virtual set up. But having installed it, and the new Parallels tools... It seems very slow to me... far slower than the previous version... also I've completely lost my internet connection within Windows XP. But the internet is absolutely fine on my MBP...

4. DavidO

DavidO Bit poster

Have just tried RC2, and I still have the problem reported in a previous thred, pasted here:

I have a fresh-from-the-box 20" iMac Core 2 Duo with 2GB of factory RAM. Have tried 1848, 1896, and 1898 and consistently either crash "hard" when starting the VM, or start the VM, only for it to loop endlessly failing to read my XP boot disk (disk tested on a PC, so that's not the issue). I do see an "NTDETECT failed" message on the VM console. Any ideas or help appreciated.

With RC2, I still get the NTDETECT error and can't load XP. Any ideas, Parallels? Thanks much.

5. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Robbie_DB,

1. Please try to reboot Mac OS X to solve internet issue.
    2. Can you please some more details about slowdown issue?

6. froejoe

froejoe Junior Member

Sleep trick still required

Did...

Uninstall
    Restart
    Install
    Restart

Still need to put Mac Pro to sleep before I get VT-x

Using stock 3 GHz machine.

7. Robbie_DB

Robbie_DB Member

Andrew... thanks for your response.

I rebooted Mac OS X with no change on the internet availability.

I had a thought... I recently changed the router on my LAN... I'm connecting to the router wirelessly via the Airport... would changing the router mean I have to change something in Parallels. Forgive my ignorance.

I think perhaps my speed issues (it just feels slower - you know what its like when you use a system that's smoking... and Parallels usually is... it just feels quite a bit slower... anecdotally) are related to the problems I'm having with the internet connection.

Any ideas...?

8. Andrew @ Parallels

Robbie_DB,

And which build are you upgraded from? Could you check if it still works in this build?

9. Robbie_DB

Robbie_DB Member

I was on 1898 before 1920... 1898 worked fine.

I can reinstall 1898 (or can i? will it install over 1920?)... if you can provide me a link to the old download...?

Thanks

10. Andrew @ Parallels

11. Robbie_DB

Robbie_DB Member

Andrew...

just loaded 1898... and the my Windows internet also seems down on that version too now.

Any ideas...? As I mentioned before would changing a router on a LAN (connected wirelessly to my MBP) change anything...?

Thanks

12. Andrew @ Parallels

Try to set static IP in guest OS instead of DHCP - will it work?

13. Robbie_DB

Robbie_DB Member

Would love to... how do I do that...?

Sorry.

14. Andrew @ Parallels

Robbie_DB,

Please create appropriate topic in Mac forum please! I will folloup with you there. Here is not appropriate place for that.

15. Uly-sses

Uly-sses Member

Confused about RC2

I'm a little confused about today's announcement regarding the RC2.

I downloaded it from the link given above & got build 1848.

I currently have 1884 installed (dated 6 sep 2006 per 'About Parallels' option in Menu).

Surely 1848 isn't the newest version?

What is? and where can I get it? Or do I already have it?

Sorry for being a bit dim about this.

Thanks,

Jason:confused:

16. drjamesh

drjamesh Junior Member

/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioUnit.framework/Versions/A/AudioUnit
    0x93e59000 - 0x9402bfff com.apple.QuartzCore 1.4.9 /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore
    0x9407c000 - 0x940bdfff libsqlite3.0.dylib /usr/lib/libsqlite3.0.dylib
    0x940c5000 - 0x940fffff libGLImage.dylib /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLImage.dylib
    0x94288000 - 0x94297fff libCGATS.A.dylib /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libCGATS.A.dylib
    0x9429e000 - 0x942a9fff libCSync.A.dylib /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libCSync.A.dylib
    0x942f6000 - 0x94310fff libRIP.A.dylib /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRIP.A.dylib
    0x94316000 - 0x945cffff com.apple.QuickTime 7.1.3 /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickTime.framework/Versions/A/QuickTime
    0x95a70000 - 0x95a86fff libJapaneseConverter.dylib /System/Library/CoreServices/Encodings/libJapaneseConverter.dylib
    0x95a88000 - 0x95aa9fff libKoreanConverter.dylib /System/Library/CoreServices/Encodings/libKoreanConverter.dylib
    0x95ab6000 - 0x95ac4fff libSimplifiedChineseConverter.dylib /System/Library/CoreServices/Encodings/libSimplifiedChineseConverter.dylib
    0x95acc000 - 0x95adefff libTraditionalChineseConverter.dylib /System/Library/CoreServices/Encodings/libTraditionalChineseConverter.dylib
    0x96481000 - 0x96481fff com.apple.vecLib 3.3 (vecLib 3.3) /System/Library/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
    0x96ae7000 - 0x96aecfff com.apple.agl 2.5.9 (AGL-2.5.9) /System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Versions/A/AGL
    0x998e0000 - 0x99901fff com.apple.audio_OpenAL 1.1 /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenAL.framework/Versions/A/OpenAL

17. Andrew @ Parallels

drjamesh,

Please remove sound from your VM config, save, add Sound again, save and run VM. It should help.

18. dburkel

dburkel Bit poster

Installing Parallels Tools in Guest OS - BSOD :(

I've downloaded the new RC2.
    After Installation of RC2, i installed the Parallels Tools in Guest OS (Windows XP SP2), previous Version of Parallels Tools 1898.
    In the Setup of the Parallels Tools when Graphic Drivers will be installed, Windows freezes with a BSOD :(
    I dont knew why :confused:

19. danMacPRO

danMacPRO Bit poster

Crashes the system

I actually installed this new version instead of 1898. 1898 seemed to work fine for me except for the USB. This one, as soon as I start if after installing the software. It hangs the entire MAC.

20. JDLandry@cox.net

JDLandry@cox.net Junior Member

Can't get Build 1920 to work on 3Ghz/4GB Ram Mac Pro.

I am successfully running Build 1918 RC2, and it is working with only a few minor glitches.

When I try to install Build 1920, it says it installs successfully, but when I launch the program, I get stuck at the spinning colored beach ball.

I re-installed Build 1918 RC2 again with baited breath, and it worked.

Anyone else having this problem or does anyone have any suggestions?