Fullscreen Hot-corner/Dashboard behaviour

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by twitchit, Apr 28, 2006.

1. twitchit

twitchit Bit poster

Hi,

I have pre-ordered a gold copy and have the following observation regarding the BETA.

I have hot corners configured(BL - Dashboard, TL - screensaver, BR - Expose Desktop).

The screensaver and expose desktop both function when the VM is fullscreen, the dashboard however is displayed behind the VM window(not visible) - When switching back to OSX from fullscreen I am presented with the dashboard(visible).

Can we please have an option to enable/disable hot corners when in fullscreen mode, and if enabled can the dashboard be shown on top of the VM fullscreen window?

This is a particular issue as the Windows "Start" button is located at the bottom left corner.

I invite others to add their feedback and what they would like to see...

Regards,
    Joshua Smith

2. David Lau

David Lau Bit poster

It is a great idea to have options in VM for enabling/disabling hot corners. If it is enabled, it should behave like a normal Mac program (i.e. Dashboard should come up on top of VM).

I would also like to have options for Dock and Menubar to come on top of VM. Just like Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection for MacOSX, it has options for you to see the Dock and Menubar once it is in Fullscreen mode.

Oh man! This is going to be the must have application for any MacTel users!!!

3. suleiman

suleiman Bit poster

I have recently become very interested in this feature myself. I have the TL and TR sections of my screen set to show the desktop, but this is a very annoying feature when PD has full screen mode on. Is there a way to set this up so the user has the option to disable the hot corners?

I have also noticed that hotcorners/sides do not work with Virtue Desktops when using VM in FullScreen mode.

4. Uly-sses

Uly-sses Member

Hot Corners

Hot Corners works with XP in fullscreen & virtue for me. In fact I turned my tp-right corner (for dashboard) off as I kept getting dashboard in error when going for the windows close buttons.

Jason