RC 1922 & Mac OS X 10.4.8

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by tecwerks, Sep 29, 2006.

1. tecwerks

tecwerks Junior Member

Good job guys. Just upgraded to RC 1922 and the annoying sound problem is fixed then upgraded to OS X 10.4.8 and am having no problems. Have a 2 X 3 Ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon with 4GB RAM. I am very happy today!

2. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

Yes, the planet are aligning ;-)

The sound fix is nice, no more neighbors getting blown out of their chairs and dealing with police on distubance calls. LOL

one thing i notice is i can finally click on my wheel and have dash board show up while focus is in XP

Good Job Parallels team

3. Fireguy

Fireguy Member

Sucess with RC 1922 & OS X10.4.8

I am writing this with the latest RC with 10.4.8 running. Both are happy and the re-install of each, including parallels tools was no problem!
    :)

MacPro
    2 GB memory
    Mac OS Build 8L2127

Running Windows XP Pro, SP2
    MS Office 2003

4. Snowing

Snowing Bit poster

VT-x disabled again

After only having this sort out yesterday with the instalation of 1922, Mac OS X 10.4.8 came along and stuffed it up again. :( :confused: :mad:

5. Fireguy

Fireguy Member

VT-x & Latest Build with 10.4.8

On my set-up after the upgrades, VT-x is running fine! I even launched Parallels while the Aperture 1.5 upgrade had ALL 4 cores runnning at 60% - plus other applications, including a TV application via firewire on the Mac OS side :)

6. SiskoKid

SiskoKid Member

Big big Kudos, everyone! The software works GREAT! I am using 1922 and 10.4.8 as well, and I couldn't be happier.

7. DaveB

DaveB Member

Ditto the above successful comments. All is working well. My congrats to the team also! And thanks, as a registered user!

8. pastrychef

pastrychef Member

1922 and 10.4.8 seem to be getting along fine here. :D

9. rotax

rotax Bit poster

Shared Folders in Vista???

All is working here as well too.... but installing the tools only gets me time sync and networking. Anyone get shared folders to work or have a workaround ?

10. don montalvo

don montalvo Hunter

tested...

...parallels 1922 and sox 10.4.8 work fine together. shared folders work fine too.

don

11. lmhaffner

lmhaffner Junior Member

Does "nvram boot-args" return anything for you in the terminal? I installed one of the past versions that automatically changed that to limit the RAM, but it didn't ever get removed when newer versions didn't require it. If something returns when you use this command, try 'sudo nvram boot-args="" ' to clear that parameter and reboot. I haven't had a problem with VT-x since I cleared mine.

12. michil

michil Junior Member

Still problems with USB devices

Hello,

1922 works fine for me with one exception. My USB device (ETS data recorder) still not work. I still get a message, that the device is in use by an other application.

Kind regards

Michael

13. Snowing

Snowing Bit poster

It's empty and no it didn't return anything. In actual fact it's never been set. Although I did clear it again anyway and it hasn't helped.

14. cgn

cgn Bit poster

Works great

1922 on MacPro 3.0Ghz 5GB RAM. WinXP working fine. Starts up in about 14 seconds.

15. dayjimenez

dayjimenez Bit poster

Rc 1922

where can I download 1922?????

16. kosh

kosh Member

17. robinchee

robinchee Junior Member

I had the same problem. Critical part is to install the tools in Win XP compatibility mode. Quote from the forum sticky .. http://forums.parallels.com/thread4451.html

install Parallels Tools & Drivers
    After Vista has installed and finished booting,

* From the Mac "VM" menu, choose "Install Parallels Tools". Do NOT click "Install/Run PrlTools".
    * Instead, click "Open folder to view files"
    * Right click "PrlTools", choose "Properties, and click the "Compatability" tab.
    * Select "Run this program in compatability mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2)"
    * Click OK, then double-click PrlTools to run it.
    * Choose all the default installation options, and click "Install this driver" to any messages asking for permission.
    * Restart Vista when it asks.

18. dayjimenez

dayjimenez Bit poster

thanks for the help!