Copying from Parallels to OSX.4

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by bhumphrey@ihop-atlanta.co, Sep 5, 2006.

1. bhumphrey@ihop-atlanta.co

bhumphrey@ihop-atlanta.co Bit poster

For some reason, I cannot copy from winxp in parallels to osx. I have the share clipboard option selected in parallels toolbar, yet it still doesn't work. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. peterwor

peterwor Hunter

Do you have the Parallels tools installed as well? Is your OSX firewall turned on? check its settings if it is.

Also in your system preferences under "sharing" do you have "windows sharing" turned on? Not really sure if this is necessary but it won't hurt.

HTH,
    Peter

3. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

Just an FYI, the clipboard has a limitation of 128k on copy size.

but, in the recent beta upgrade, I noticed that the several things got out of wack with tools. I eventually found that I needed to uninstall tools from add/remove programs in XP and then shut down XP.

Then i went in to the shared folder setup and deleted the current definition and redefined it.

Then start XP again and install parallel tools.

Good Luck

4. bhumphrey@ihop-atlanta.co

OSX firewall is turned off. Windows sharing is on. Parallels tool center is installed and running and clipboard synchronization is enabled, yet i still cannot copy from windows to osx. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

5. bhumphrey@ihop-atlanta.co

how do I delete the current definition from the shared folder setup? Thanks.

6. bhumphrey@ihop-atlanta.co

I uninstalled and reinstalled parallels tool center and restarted in between, not working yet.

7. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

ok, exactly how and what are you doing for the copy.?

8. bvila@umich.edu

bvila@umich.edu Member

I have the same problem with the clipboard

Hi, I realize it's been almost a month since anyone has posted to this thread, but I can't believe no one else is having this same problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Parallels Tools, checked the Firewall, etc. I can't copy from Windows 2000 to Mac OS consistently. So far I've noticed that I can copy to TextEdit but not to any of the Office 2004 products. I haven't tried any other applications.

Another peculiar problem I've encountered is pasting into Windows. Sometimes when I paste, the last character is cut off. I haven't been able to figure out why or when this happens. Seems fairly inconsistent.

And now, out of the blue, I can copy into Office 2004. Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? I've only been trying to copy text and barely a line of it. Yesterday I tried the same line of text as I tried this morning and all of a sudden it works! Weird.

9. bvila@umich.edu

bvila@umich.edu Member

One consistent and annoying problem with copying to Windows

One more thing I forgot to mention, and this is a really annoying problem. It seems that anytime I copy text from the Mac to Windows (2000 in my case), the last character is missing. Looking at Parallels Tools, it shows the text as it is supposed to be in the clipboard, but it won't paste the last character!!! Doesn't matter what application I cut from or paste to.

I'll start a new post if this doesn't get any responses from anyone in the know. Seems like this thread died at the beginning of September.

10. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

Clipboard problem with copy/paste from Mac -> Win Xp

I get both missing or extra characters (im using XP pro sp2)
    this example is copying from Mac FF address bar to Win IE address bar
    [​IMG]

This started with the latest beta process and has continued in various forms up to latest 1922 build

11. bvila@umich.edu

bvila@umich.edu Member

I've gotten that too

I get extra characters sometimes too, exactly like yours!

Unfortunately, I've only been able to experience the latest beta release since it is the only one that wouldn't crash immediately on my new 24" iMac. So I don't know how old this problem is.