Crash immediately at the end of install Core 2 Duo

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by MacManux, Oct 1, 2006.

1. MacManux

MacManux Bit poster

Hi,

on my brand new iMac 20", Intel core 2 Duo, 2.33 GHz, every build so far, including RC2 and 1922, crash the whole Mac with a Kernel Panic immediately at the end of the installation when the installer loads the Kernel extensions.

Then, after reboot, the startup item crashes the Mac again. Only way out is a safe reboot, and uninstalling Parallels using the uninstaller.

After all the positive response to the most recent builds on Mac Pros, am I the only one having this issue? The application rund fine in all these builds on my MacBook Pro 1.83.

Any hints welcome.

Manuel

2. michaelant

michaelant Junior Member

I don't get quite the same thing, but I've got the same imac with the 2.33 and the only kernel panic I've had was after installing 1922, and then the first time trying to power on the virtual machine.

only happened once though.

3. dantheman

dantheman Bit poster

PARALLELS bad startup black screen

I'm having the same problem in which when I press "start" in VM the screen goes a transparent black and I'm asked to restart via the mac on/off button - this is basically a forced restart.

I'm pretty upset because parallels is meant to be good, but I've been trying for 3 days and it won't start despite following their book word for word.

Any answers? A few people are having the same issue.

4. joem

joem Forum Maven

At one point, I had a corrupted OSX installation, and had to reinstall. I was having problems even with Parallels not running.

One thing that you might try is deleting the caches. I use Onyx, but there are several other utilities available that will do as well.