Weird Network Acccess Issues!! Help!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by coozdrm, Oct 2, 2006.

1. coozdrm

coozdrm Bit poster

Alright.

So, I've gone through the different FAQ's and stickies here with absolutely no luck at restoring my Parallels network access. In both the RC and normal production versions of Parallels, Windows shows limited or no network access.

Looking inside OSX, my airport configuration is set to share it's connection appropriately.

The Parallels guest host adaptor, however, is all messed up. Previously, it was obtaining and IP, but not finding the router [and more than likely not getting the network access because of that].

Now, it's actually just not getting anything. No IP, no subnet Mask, no Router IP. Renewing my DHCP lease does nothing, and manual modification of any of these settings seems to have no effect. I've tried completely removing and reinstalling Parallels, but the same issue came up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

Have you tried un-installing parallel tools and re-installing?

3. coozdrm

coozdrm Bit poster

see above. I did state having done so. No change in the problem.

4. mvk

mvk Member

If you have a Mac Pro, you can configure Parallels to use one ethernet port and the Mac the other. A surefire way to eliminate the various entworking issues people are reporting. Works well for me.

5. coozdrm

coozdrm Bit poster

I'm running this on a 2.16 MacBook Pro with a gig of ram.

I am using Airport for my internet connection, not the ethernet port.

Any other ideas?

6. joem

joem Forum Maven

I'm using Parallels on a MBP with bridged networking over Airport and it's working fine. Turn off sharing in OSX, select bridged networking default adapter (or airport), change the MAC address in Parallels to insure it's unique (it spoofs the Airport address by default -- change the low order digit), make sure the guest and Mac machine names are different, and that you have a DHCP server on your network so that both OSX and the guest can get their own IP, and it should "just work" as it does for me.

7. coozdrm

coozdrm Bit poster

i'll try all of those tweaks when I get home tonight. I just find it out that I would need to spoof the mac address considering my first install went perfectly--never needed to change any network settings at all.