OK, with 1922 & 10.4.8 is working well with most users...

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Stevamundo, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Are the Parallels teams going to concentrate working on updating their USB to 2.0 and the ability to burn CDs on Parallels?

Please don't get me wrong, I really appreciated that Parallels working with their Mac Pro customers build after build to solve their unlimited RAM problems. However fortunately for me Parallels was working perfectly for me back 1848 except for my speakerphone modem on my iMac duo core.

To me when Parallels upgrades their USB to 2.0 and adds the ability to burn Windows CDs in Parallels, why would anyone want to bother with boot camp? When you can use two operating systems at once or 3 or 4 at once.

2. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

1922 and 10.4.8 is working fine for me as well. I need the Windows XP for Autocad and Microsoft Project mainly. Both work great with Parallels.

3. dbratten

dbratten Bit poster

Where are you finding 1922? Going to the download page it only shows 1848. I found 1896.2 through a link someone else provided.

4. Mac Pro 5GB

Mac Pro 5GB Member

5. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

6. dbratten

dbratten Bit poster

Thank you. I've give tthat a try. So far i cannot get any version to run on my new 24" iMac (2.16, 10.4.8, 2GB.) It crashes right after entering the activation number off the CD.

7. ilovetrucks

ilovetrucks Bit poster

1922 works good so far

running 1922 with 10.4.8 on a MacBook Duo Core 2.0 with 2 gigs of ram and running good so far.

8. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

1922 should work for you “hopefully.”

9. dbratten

dbratten Bit poster

I feel so stupid asking this but ... 1922 is able to find my WinXP installer disk and gets to the point where I am asked to type F8 to accept the EULA. F8 opens Dashboard even after I have clicked into the PNMD window. I switched the key in System Preferences/Keyboard/mouse to F12 but now after a restart it still won't accept the F8 key to accept the EULA. Any ideas?

10. hhwong

hhwong Member

I want a pony!

11. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Don't feel too bad because I even don't understand your question.

12. websyndicate

websyndicate Hunter

Im using visual basic.net for school and it snappy

13. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

Instead of F8 (and other F-keys) please use <FN> + <F8> key
    combination (for instance, <FN>+<F1> for <F1>)

Best regards,
    Mike

14. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Here's a REAL stupid question, what are the F keys for on Macs?

Obviously, I never used them on my Mac side. I'm a constant Mac user since '93.

15. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

Try F9, F10, F11, F12 on your Mac ..... that's what the F keys are for .....

I'm sure as additional generations of wild cat operating systems come out, Apple will start to make use of more F keys. :cool:

Pre OS X ..... I don't think Apple ever used them on their own software.

16. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

17. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Thank you.

18. JoseQ

JoseQ Bit poster

Build 1922 working on a 24" iMac here. Haven't tried letting it suspend yet.

19. machiker

machiker Bit poster

24" iMac + Win2000 + Build 1922 = Success!

New user here with a stock 24" iMac Core 2 Duo (with 2 GB RAM). I just downloaded parallels trial build 1922, installed Windows 2000, and loaded up my CAD progam (Rhino3D). Very, very happy with performance. After living with Virtual PC for years and then with a PC accessed via RDC, Parallels is an absolute dream solution. Fast, fast, and more fast and my world of software choices just expanded exponentially. Nice job parallels team, you'll be getting my order tomorrow!

20. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

See, it's working fantastically for most users.

Now you can concentrate on USB 2.0 and adding the ability to burn Windows CDs! :D