Dual mouse cursor problem

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dmorrill, Oct 3, 2006.

1. dmorrill

dmorrill Bit poster

I've just started using Parallels for Mac in the last couple of weeks, and I really love it, but... I notice that in every Linux machine I run I always see two mouse cursors: the Mac OS X cursor and the Linux cursor.

Initailly there is only one cursor, but as soon as I click anywhere within the Linux VM I see 2 cursors. If I move the cursor against any screen edge of the Linux VM window, it goes back to just the Linux cursor until I click anywhere again within the Linux VM, and then the Mac OS X cursor appears again. Obviously it's very confusing trying to work with dueling dual cursors.

Have other people seen this? Is there a work-around or fix?

BTW, I have no such problems running XP or Vista (after I install the Parallels Tools). I'm running a Mac Pro 2.66 GHz, 2GB RAM, 3 20" displays...

Dave Morrill

2. johnb

johnb Member

i have had the same issue too from time to time. if parallels read the message boards, they might fix it, but i don't think they do.

the way i make it go away (aside from rebooting linux) is to move the cursor to an extreme edge of the screen. then move it back. this seems to fix it. the probalem seem to be linked ot the fact that linux doesn't share the cursor with OS X like windows, but it kinda does. for example, you may notice that sometimes if linux owns the cursor, you can still select programs from the dock. this really shouldn't happen if the cursors aren't shared at all.