Napster + Beta3

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mdickey, Apr 14, 2006.

1. mdickey

mdickey Junior Member

Has anyone had luck with this? I just downloaded the napster installer inside an XP VM and running it returned the following error message:

Setup has experienced an error

Please do the following:

Close any running programs [check]
    Empty your temporary folder [check]
    Check your Internet connection (Internet-based Setups) [check]

Then try to run the Setup again. [check]

I just can't seem to get it to play nicely..

2. ryanm1903

ryanm1903 Bit poster

ive had awesome results using napster within osx, although it seems near useless unless you want to use something like tunebite (only for the tracks you pay for, of course ;) ) because the napster track-packs often bring songs below the 99-cent mark which, with something like tunebite, allow you to use them on the ipod.

the sound can be a little sketchy at the beginning of songs, which seems to be common with all sound-oriented apps, not just napster.

3. mdickey

mdickey Junior Member

I created a new VM from scratch uing beta 3 and it works for me now too. I'm using it with Airfoil to stream music to my AE/stereo and it's awesome! Can't even do this on a PC!

I guess it didn't work because the VM I was using before was created with Beta2? Strange..

4. SandyKrav

SandyKrav Bit poster

I've been running Napster since Beta 3 with no problems on a MacBookPro. Beta 4 seems to have gotten rid of the initial scratchy sounds at the start of audio playback. Good job guys!