MAC Pro Freezes: Is it parallels or something else?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by stevej2001, Oct 1, 2006.

1. stevej2001

stevej2001 Junior Member

Since I installed parallels build 1922 yesterday, I've had two episodes when the MAC pro froze. Also, I left parallels running a virtual machine last night, and it was gone this am. I've never had a freeze (not a panic, just no response to the keyboard, and while the mouse pointer moves, it has no effect).

I also installed a 2nd hard disk yesterday too, so I was briefly inside my machine.

Neither freeze happened when Parallels was actually running. I only bring it up because that's the only change to my software just before the problems started happening. In each case I had been running parallels, and had shut it down.

So, is this parallels, or do I have some sort of hardware problem, or what?

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

Whenever anything you can't explain happens, read over the logs and see if anything jumps out at you.

3. stevej2001

stevej2001 Junior Member

I'm a relative MAC newbie, so nothing there jumps out at me. Also, I don't recall exactly when the machine crashed, so correlating with the log is a problem. I'll check it if it happens again, though. Thanks for your suggestion!

4. rickross

rickross Member

Same thing has happened to me with 1922

I have no idea what the solution is, but I have been experiencing a problem on my Mac Pro that sounds exactly the same. Build 1922, mouse moves, nothing responds.

I have been able to ssh into the machine to reboot it, but the Mac desktop is completely unresponsive after this problem occurs. IMO it is very serious, so I hope someone form Parallels gets on the case to figure it out.

At least we now know more than one person is experiencing it.

Rick