Is 1940 final release

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jriff, Oct 12, 2006.

1. jriff

jriff Junior Member

... or is it just another beta? parallels.com features a banner saying "new and improved" but the version number seems to be the same :confused:

- Jacob

2. Miko

Miko Junior Member

just another build with to many bugs to be sorted before going gold.

3. palter

palter Hunter

It's final.

4. Miko

Miko Junior Member

well that is terrible since the memory problem with mac pro is not fixed.
    some users are reporting usb problems ........
    I guess it's not going to be final after all or many users will be very mad.

5. austone

austone Junior Member

It fixed my memory problems with my Mac Pro :)

I'm not even sure why it has to be the "final release", as they are updating it fairly often. I guess maybe it's just a milestone type of thing with them.

6. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

where did anyone say it was final ? Tim certainly didnt in his post about its availability...

7. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

im going to have to go with paiter on this. it looks final to me.

it asked me for registration, and the about doesn't say beta or release candidate

I did get a little miffed that it asked me to register, hello, I hate doing things more than once and I already registered then, I haven't moved.

Now if they had said we blew it and database got hosed, can you reenter your info
    OR
    We went to new database back end for this release can you reconfirm your information.
    Now that would have been ok ;-)

Still Great product... Customer relations need a little more polish :)

8. palter

palter Hunter

Go to the main download page for Parallels Desktop where Build 1848 used to be available. Build 1940 is there now.

Parallels needs to fix the update page as it still refers to RC2 and Build 1922...

Consider this the final 1.1 release of Desktop. (Build 1848 was the 1.0 release.) Rest assured that Parallels is working on 2.0 and probably 1.2 as well.

9. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

It's not final. Because Andrew @ Parallels ensured me that the next major release that they going to update their USB to 2.0 in a PM.

Maybe that means that 1940 is the last build for a while.

However I hope that they can update their USB fairly quickly!