Vista RC2 and Build 1940

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ejeannin, Oct 11, 2006.

1. ejeannin

ejeannin Bit poster

I've just download latest build 1940 and got an temporary evaluation activation key of parallels desktop for mac.

I'm trying to install new Windows Vista RC2 build 5744 on my intel core duo mac mini.

I've created a new Vista VM then start this VM, boot on Vista RC2 DVD. It first display "Windows is loading files" then a screen (with Vista background) with only a empty dialog box with an empty button.

If I select the button, then VM is rebooting and I'll get this screen again. :confused:

Is this an issue this new 1940 build or with Vista RC2 ?

2. Scott Willsey

Scott Willsey Hunter

Not sure which the issue is with in your case, but I can tell you I have RC2 running fine under Parallels build 1940. The parallels tools don't install completely, unless using xp compatibility mode, but then the network adapter doesn't finish installing.

3. caspar_zaal

caspar_zaal Bit poster

my install of vista works great, i have all the parallels tools installed internet works fine. Only problem is the CPU-usage, what a heavy OS it is.

4. yetsirah

yetsirah Bit poster

What did you do to get it working?

Are you on a MacBook (Pro)?
    If so are you running wirelessly?

What steps did you take?

Jay

5. caspar_zaal

caspar_zaal Bit poster

I am running Vista RC2 (build 5744) in parallels 1940 on a MacBook Pro. After installing vista I chose install 'p tools' then aborted the installation, explored the disk containing parallels tools (parallels mounts a virtual disk when installing 'p tools'). I copied the contents to my disk and changed the properties to xp-mode (in the compatibility tab) and ran the installation. It took a while before the installation finished but it did finish without a problem. If I connect to my airport from mac and set parallels to 'bridged ethernet, default adapter' everything works fine, no need to change any options in vista.

Hope this helps,

Caspar

6. amin

amin Member

Do you get support for Aero graphics running Vista RC2 within Parallels?

7. palter

palter Hunter

No. Aero requires 3D and Parallels doesn't support 3D yet.

8. yetsirah

yetsirah Bit poster

So you did all that and then click on the IE icon and it worked?
    You didn't have to set up a connection?

9. caspar_zaal

caspar_zaal Bit poster

that's right

10. yetsirah

yetsirah Bit poster

wow. Cause mine still gives me a 404.

I followed what you have written. I even reinstalled Vista just to have a clean slate. but no deal. did you do anything on the mac side?