Windows 95 Networking and Sound

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dhazeghi, Oct 14, 2006.

1. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Junior Member

Hello,

with a few complications, I got Windows 95 installed under Parallels (1922), but neither the sound nor the net driver are installed by Parallels Tools.

I tried manually installing the same sound driver that worked on Windows 98, but without luck.

For the network driver, I dug up an RTL8029 driver, but similarly without luck.

Has anybody successfully gotten Windows 95 on the 'net and playing sound in Parallels? Tips or suggestions are appreciated. FYI, I had no such problems in VMWare under Windows or Virtual PC on Mac/PPC.

Thanks,

Dara

2. bdkennedy1

bdkennedy1 Junior Member

I too would like to know the answer to this. If Parallels is going to support its operating systems, it should do so fully. I was disappointed there were no audio drivers for Windows 3.1, (no don't get on my case that Windows 3.1 never came with audio drivers. If Parallels gives audio as an option then it should have installed audio drivers.) but I'm extra disappointed Parallel Tools didn't install any audio or network drivers under Windows 95.

3. wlmh65

wlmh65 Bit poster

This is exactly what I want to know as well. If Parallels advertises the product as supporting Windows 95, it should provide the drivers to get networking working, as network capability is an essential part of the OS without which it's less than useful.

4. ksenks

ksenks Parallels Developers

Unfortunately, Parallels Desktop doesn't have drivers for sound and network under Win98.

5. zband

zband Bit poster

This is not true- at least for the sound. I have Windows 98 running with sound. Initially it was missing the driver for the audio, but you have to install "parallels tools" under the VM option in the menu bar. It will add video and audio drivers. If it worked for windows 98 I am sure the same drivers will work under 95.

Now if someone could point me in the right direction for "PCI bus " and the network drivers I will very happy.

6. posssu

posssu Bit poster

This is not true. When you install Parallels Tools under Windows 98, the video driver (installs automatically I guess) and the sound driver (apply this to the unknown PCI Audio Device in the System->Hardware) can be found in Program files\Parallels\Parallels Tools\ (directories video and sound).

7. ksenks

ksenks Parallels Developers

When I told about "under 98" I mean window 95, windows 3.11 and windows 3.1