Vista RC2 install

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by senojeel, Oct 13, 2006.

1. senojeel

senojeel Bit poster

I have been trying to install Vista RC2 on first the beta 1922 and now the latest release. I have RC1 running. When I install now, both from the disk image and a burned DVD, I put in the product key and it just hangs forever and never goes any further. Any ideas how to get past that?

I am on an iMac Core Duo 2ghz, 2GB RAM.

ThankS!
    Shawn

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  2. NosillaCast

NosillaCast Member

I'm not sure I can help, but I have a MacBook Pro and I was running Vista RC1, installed Vista RC2 without trouble under the newest release of Parallels (build 1922). OS 10.4.8 by the way.

are you saying that it jams up when installing Parallels, or when you're installing Vista?

Allison
    NosillaCast at http://podfeet.com
    A technology geek podcast with an EVER so slight Macintosh bias!

3. senojeel

senojeel Bit poster

Parallels is installed and working great. I have Vista RC1 installed and working. I was trying install Vista RC2. I tried creating a new VM and installing as well as using the current RC1 VM.

When installing RC2, it just a stalls after I put the key in. If I mistype the key, it will tell me within a few seconds, so I know it is authenticating the key somehow.

4. Crazor

Crazor Bit poster

Had this with a previous beta of vista while installing it natively on a PC.
    Solution was: Checked the md5 of my download; it wasn't complete! File size was just 2GB. I had to download with the MS download manager, because HTTP always failed at 2GB

Symptom with broken downloads was hanging after key check for many people on the net...

5. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

I'm going to plead, ignorance :-(

When i go to Microsofts vista page all i see is download for RC1, can someone give me a clue where your getting Vista RC2?

Thx

6. palter

palter Hunter

You can no longer get it unless your a member of MSDN. (And, I presume, some other programs.) RC2 was a limited availability release and is now closed.