WM5 for all

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by maverick808, Jun 16, 2006.

1. yak86

yak86 Bit poster

Are you sayign you got PDANet to work properly in parallels? Can anyone confirm this works with HTC devices? I have an HTC TyTN that I would LOVE to get USB tethering on my mac.

Also, can you share that internet connection to ur mac via parallels?

Thanks!

2. dfafard

dfafard Bit poster

3. dav19pt5

dav19pt5 Bit poster

hi

i tried the steps outlined at the top, but in the end got the following error. RAPI.dll file could not be found. i am paraphrasing and not repeating it exactly as the error mesage stated (because i am away from that computer). I had to install .NET software in order to even run the install application. Maybe this has something to do with it. if you could advise - that would be great. I am trying to sync a sprint PPC 6700 running WM5

thanks
    Dave

4. vwremglx

vwremglx Bit poster

Just got it working with My HTC Wizard/ Cingular 8125

Using the latest version of the USB Switch App and Activesyc 4.2.

5. yak86

yak86 Bit poster

Did you manage to get USB Tethering to work? Also.. how would you share the internet connection that way? Thanks!

6. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

As Parallels have now improved their USB support in their latest beta, I believe SyncAlive is no longer required.

Certainly, I've found that all my PDAs and phones, with the exception of the Motorola Q which seems to be a unique problem, now sync fine and maintain their connections without it. Therefore, I see no further need to continue development of SyncAlive.

I hope it proved useful during the first version of Parallels Desktop.

7. ..::Rape::..

..::Rape::.. Bit poster

It's all OK, finally my dell x51v is speaking with my parallels windows XP machine.

I have also a windows mobile 2003 device (hp ipaq h2210) and this one goes without any other program

8. amin

amin Member

How my heart sunk when I read that statement. I am a Q user and just got rid of my Windows box :( .

9. mr_bill

mr_bill Bit poster

I'm a WinMob developer and have had success thus far with ActiveSync in Parallels recognizing every Smartphone/PocketPC device I've worked with but the Moto Q. I've also got a WinXP BootCamp partition with which the Q works fine, so this does seem to be Parallels-specific. Even PlatformBuilder (MS developer tool) connects to the Q in Parallels, but ActiveSync won't. Have tried both Parallels builds 1862 and 1884 to no avail. I think a lot of folks would like to see the Q work with Parallels, so hopefully they can make it happen...

10. paulux

paulux Bit poster

I am a Q user too. Please post any solutions for syncing.

11. hmctech

hmctech Bit poster

can't sync dell x51

Hello, i've installed USBswitch on my WM5 axim x51, installed SyncAlive in my parallels XP image and it is running in the system tray, but still I can't sync. When I attached my axim, i got a little plug & play notification from windows that said the device was ready, but activesync does not open and when I manually try to connect, it doesn't. Any suggestions? thanks!

12. envycom

envycom Junior Member

Any solutions for moto q yet?

13. JesseJ

JesseJ Bit poster

HELLO, Hello, hello... Anybody in support reading this?

Is anyone working on getting the Motorola Q to work in Parallels?

14. edj

edj Member

Parallels doesn't see my Treo without Sync Alive

Just for your info, I have a Treo 700WX and I could not get conected to Active Sync through parallels without SyncAlive. I'm runnng most current version of Parallels.

Maybe I'm missing something. Thanks for your app.

15. maheralausi

maheralausi Bit poster

pocket pc again

sorry to unearth this little bug again. I have a Mac Pro with Windows XP Pro guest OS via Parallels build 1970. I have an iPAQ H3870 running Pocket PC 2002. I have Activesync 3.5. I can't find this USB serial switch option, and the switchapp has disappeared. My iPAQ doesn't sync. I have read the forum thread and I can't get it going. What am I doing wrong?

Maher

16. sink

sink Bit poster

maheralausi, are you selecting your device in the "Devices" menu at the top of the parallels window? (next to "File" and "View", etc.)?

17. maheralausi

maheralausi Bit poster

pocket pc 2002

yep, when I go to Devices, it comes up under USB, Vendor Specific 049f:0003. It still says that it is connecting, and it just hangs there.

Maher

18. akac

akac Hunter

Just FYI - I've gotten a Dell Axim 51v, Treo 700wx, Treo 700w all connected to Parallels without any issues on 1970 now.

19. fr.kevin

fr.kevin Bit poster

Synching an HTC tytn

I know this sounds far too simple - but it worked.

After following much of the helpful advice posted here I was able to make some progress, in that active synch at least recognized the device (a T-mobile Vario II) but it would not connect. After an entire afternoon and evening trying I eventually tracked the problem to the makers USB cable and the connector on the phone. The connection is loose, but if you press the underside of the USB plug against the phone contacts suddenly it synches - time and again. I will experiment with other cables to see if this is a quality issue. Naturally this won't help everyone, but HTC users might benefit.

Thanks for all the advice so far.

kevin