Cisco VPN in Windows does not install

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by wbauer, Oct 17, 2006.

1. wbauer

wbauer Bit poster

First, Cisco VPN on Mac OS X is running fine. For various reason, I need to run the Cisco VPN client inside my Windows XP SP2 also (not concurrently with the Mac Cisco VPN).

Now when I try to install Cisco VPN for Windows 4.8, the installation runs to the point where the DNE (Deterministic Network Enhancer) is about to be installed and complains that the system needs to be freshly started to install the DNE. Then the installation is rolled back.
    I tried using the RealTek driver and the driver from Parallels Tools, but to no avail, the Cisco VPN installation fails at the step when DNE is to be installed.

Did anybody get this to work?

Thanks,

Werner

2. WickDC

WickDC Bit poster

I have version 4.8 running fine in XP SP2 on the latest Parallels build on a Mac Pro. I didn't have any issues with it installing (and it also works great, which is nice) so perhaps you have an older version.

3. sfuller

sfuller Member

I'm using 4.9 without any issues in XP SP2 under Parallels. The Cisco SSL VPN client also works for me in this configuration. I'm using bridged ethernet for my network settings.

4. Erich

Erich Member

I have a basic question related to this thread. I use the Cisco VPN client to connect to the internal network of a client for whom I do the occasional job. Whether out of incompetence or perversity, their VPN configuration requires a Windows client; it won't work with the Linux or Mac Cisco VPN client. Should I be able to use the Windows VPN client in Parallels to connect to this network? If so, do I need to modify the network settings in some way?

Thanks in advance.

5. andybrawer

andybrawer Bit poster

I'm using 4.8 in Win XP2 - Also didn't have any issues during the install and works very well. In the past - I've had the same issue that you describe on a crappy Sony work laptop - they ended up having to reinstall windows to get the VPNinstall to work correctly.

-andy

6. Erich

Erich Member

I got my problem resolved. 4.8 is working fine on Windows XP Pro SP2 under Parallels. I didn't have to make any changes to the Parallels settings.

7. pwen

pwen Bit poster

Cisco VPN for Windows 4.8 or newer

Where can I download the lastest Cisco VPN for Windows? Do I need a corporate account to download? The version I currently have is 4.0.1 (a) which does not work in Parallels.

8. MicroDev

MicroDev Hunter

Try turning off the Parallels network adapters in OS X and the shared folder setting in the Parallels OS config then running the Cisco installer. Make sure your Windoze AV is off also. I have 4.08.00.0440 running without problems (other than I can't use the Mac side simultaneously).