"Right" mouse click

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by meclifford, Oct 19, 2006.

1. meclifford

meclifford Bit poster

I am a new Macbook pro & parallels user. I have installed windows XP, finally & successfully, but I cna not ge the right click mouse function to work. Any suggestions? I am not the most proficient computer user.
    Thanks,
    ME

2. ZBoT

ZBoT Member

try holding down CONTROL and SHIFT and then clicking the mouse button.

3. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Does the right mouse button work in Mac mode? If it does it should work in parallels too.

I think the default option for the Mac is a single mouse button, but you can go into the system preferences and configure your mouse to be a 2-button mouse.

In my mouse setup, I have the left button set as "Primary Button". The right button is set as "secondary button." The two side buttons are both set for Expose - All windows. The track ball is set for Dashboard. My right button works fine under both Windows and Mac with this configuration.

4. ZBoT

ZBoT Member

Good point! I don't think that is enabled by default though, you would have to enable it in system preferences:

SYSTEM PREFS --> KEYBOARD & MOUSE --> Enable 'Place two fingers on trackpad and click button for secondary click'

Then you can just put both fingers on the trackpad and click to a "right click".