USB problem...(just reminder)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by sunnyleekr, Sep 19, 2006.

1. sunnyleekr

sunnyleekr Bit poster

I hate to post a well-known problem again...
    It's just a reminder...
    I hope Parallels engineers can solve USB problem ASAP....

For logitech QuickCam...

USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually.

Thanx...

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Did it worked in any previous builds?

3. sunnyleekr

sunnyleekr Bit poster

No....I never succeeded...
    I think there're still overall USB device compatibility issues...

4. sewfuntoys

sewfuntoys Bit poster

You think so!!!!
    there are so many post to this forum it leads me <educated enough to figure this out>
    to the conclusion that everyone but us must of known this and did nothing about it

I could have purchased another computer but was lead to believe I would be out of the box and up and running with my USB device - - > but then would I have been on the boat if someone mentioned " we have not fixed the compatibility issues?"
    I can't use my USB Brother PED-Basic Card Writer" and I paid good money for the computer set-up, software, and Parallels to be able to do so.
    I know it is not the Card Writer because this USB device works like a charm on my work PC!!
    help or a fix would be appreciated soon.

5. noddle

noddle Bit poster

I have the same problem on the latest version. my Dopod 900 cannot sync under the latest parallel workstation. I was looking thru other forums and some said they managed but I have tired so many times without success.
    The message below jumped up to the screen every time:-

USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually.

Can anyone help or just let me know if this is normal or just on me that i was doing something wrong?:mad: