MIDI and digital audio support

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dhjdhj, Apr 9, 2006.

1. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

The main reason I bought a Mac laptop was for use as a portable music studio - using tools such as Digital Performer, and a ton of software synths. In my home studio, I'm running MIDI over Ethernet (from musiclab.com) so that I can include some windows-only applications (such as GigaStudio) in my configuration.

It would be wonderful if the Windows music apps would work from within Parallels. I haven't done any experiments yet but I suspect that for this to work, there would have to be some way to directly hook up to the Core Audio subsystem so that Windows audio drivers (such as ASIO) would work.

Cheers,
    David Jameson

2. Bubba

Bubba Bit poster

i'll second the request. some way to tap into core audio would be great. even better if you could use usb/firewire audio interfaces with your virtual machine.

btw, does anyone know if something like jack osx can be used to route audio between the mac and the virtual machine? http://www.jackosx.com/

3. stompbox

stompbox Junior Member

Put my vote in for USB, Firewire and MIDI support.

4. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member

My vote for MIDI !! please add support for IAC !!

5. Mahko

Mahko Bit poster

i too would LOVE to see MIDI and digital audio support.

as of right now, trying to run Pro Tools M-Powered under Parallels is a great way to crash my Mac Pro ;)