Verizon Card !!!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by HappyMacSwitch, Oct 24, 2006.

1. HappyMacSwitch

HappyMacSwitch Junior Member

For all of you that try to use Verizon Card in Parallels, I just got it to work.
    connect using VZAcess Manager first.
    Go to System Preferences and sharing
    In Internet turn on built in ethernet, built in firewire and ethernet adaptor (en2)
    now go to firewall and turn it off
    you may start Parallels and switch to network adapter and change to Host only networking
    Good Luck
    p.s. I have been trying to get this going for months now, I've even paid for tech support and they can't do anything about it.
    :)

2. BWP

BWP Bit poster

Verizon Card

I am not sure what you did as I have had a problem with the internet also. I installed VZ manager in Parallels but in the Apple side I did not. My Mac book pro recognized the card and works flawlessly with safari. I have tried to follow your post connected prior to launching Parallels and connect to internet. The computer does not connect. I try running VZ Manager within Parallels and it does not find the card. Also in Parallels the only network that shows up is Cable and airport. I do see en2 under USB though when I select this it tells me device is busy. Should I start over with a new VM machine. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I can connect if I use Boot Camp, but would like to get a way from this and reclaim disk space. Thanks

3. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Member

you dont need to turn the firewall off.. you just need to enable (check the check box) personal web sharing.

4. BWP

BWP Bit poster

Vreizon Air Card VZ Manager

I still can not get to the internet with Parallel's and my air card. Do I need to install VZ manager in the MAC side and use it to connect to the Internet first? My Mac book Pro recognized the card and I did not instal vz manager to use it. I did install in the bootcamp partition and use VZ manager to connect to the internet.

5. HappyMacSwitch

HappyMacSwitch Junior Member

Yes, I installed in Mac side and connected through there first.

6. waylandchin

waylandchin Bit poster

Have you tested this without VZAccess? I'm using apple's drivers. (they are faster than VZAccess)