Windows Skype in Parallels

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by aarogers, Oct 27, 2006.

1. aarogers

aarogers Bit poster

I would like to use a headset with Skype for Windows. For whatever reason, I find that the Skype for Mac is unreliable. I would, therefore, like to use my Windows Skype with my headset. I cannot get bluetooth working in Parallels, however. Can someone tell me how to connect a bluetooth headset within Parallels. Ideally, I would use the Skype for Mac, but until it is more stable, I want the option of Skype in Windows.

On a related noted, it would be great to be able to use iSight within Parallels (esp. with Windows Skype). I read a number of forum postings on this topic, but I never saw any resolution as to whether or not it could be done.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2. DrFix

DrFix Junior Member

Are you serious? Bluetooth headsets, and I've a Plantronics unit and have done this, are iffy even using them on the fully native side much less on a VM, and to be quite honest this gets silly expecting full hardware performance out of a virtualized environment. Just get a cheap pair of wired headphones/mic and be done with it. For that matter why bother at all and simply BootCamp into Windows and get all the benefits you feel are lacking.

3. maynard

maynard Member

I agree BT headsets are lousy...

MG

www.VideoCallTips.com

Author: Video Conferencing over IP - Syngress Press.

4. joem

joem Forum Maven

FWIW, I've had many hours of successful conversations using Skype on the Mac, both PPC and intel. My only problem has been an occasional dropout from a few lost packets, but that's likely my broadband connection.

5. tomservo291

tomservo291 Member

I use Skype on OS X all day long at work. Never once had a problem...

I just wish the Skype extras worked for the OS X version.