Has anyone installed Parallels on MBP with Core 2 Duo?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jkwuc89, Oct 31, 2006.

1. jkwuc89

jkwuc89 Member

I have a 17" Core 2 Duo MBP on order and I plan on using Parallels on it to do my Windows stuff. Has anyone installed Parallels on a MBP C2D yet?

2. pfloydn

pfloydn Member

I have. You need to upgrade to the latest version (1940 at least) prior to launching the VM - but I've been running XP for the past 2 days. I've got absolutely no usb support at all - but everything else is working quite well.

-Pete

3. dylanjames

dylanjames Junior Member

I too have been happy with Parallels 1970 on my MacBook Pro Core2Duo. I'm running Linux and Xen guests (for only a day now).

4. palter

palter Hunter

Build 1970 is running beautifully on mine as well. (Well, at least as well as it did on my soon to be for sale Core Duo MacBook Pro.) I've got Fedora Core 6, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 98 VMs.

5. wendyh

wendyh Junior Member

I've been running Parallels on a 17" MBP since the beta versions of late May/early June with a Windows XP SP2 VM. Runs superbly, and though not as fast or efficiently as it did to begin with (but that's the case with the machine as a whole) it's still streets ahead of the 2 year-old PC that the MBP replaced. USB support is satisfactory for all my peripherals except a Canon iP4300 printer and Canoscan LiDE 35 scanner which bluescreen Windows every time, but at least my old Epson printer (Stylus C84) works fine through the network. 2 USB hardlock keys I have on various Windows programs are fine too, as is a USB flashdrive.

I've just got myself a wireless Mighty Mouse and there doesn't appear to be any right button support in Parallels. It's OK with other mice and the trackpad though.

Pete -- if you've no USB support at all, check you've got it activated. It isn't automatic. (Took me quite a while to figure that one out first time around :( ) When you look at the list of VM resources in Property Page view, the list should include the item USB Controller and it should be enabled. If it doesn't/isn't, you'll need to add it and activate it (see p98 in the User Guide).

6. Mike@Parallels

Mike@Parallels Hunter

2 Wendyh

Please try

fn+Click = Right Click

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006