sharing printers between Mac OS X and Windows XP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by gotenks05, Nov 3, 2006.

1. gotenks05

gotenks05 Member

I have recently got windows working on my Mac, through parallels. Now I am having troubles getting things to print from both Operating systems. I have an HP Photosmart C3180 All-in-One printer. I tell my Mac to allow printer sharing, I install the windows drivers into Windows XP and it restarts my virtual machine when I try to print a picture, as a test run. I also tried Bonjour but either the printer would not print on either Operating System or the page that does print does not look like the page I told it to print. I printed a Yahoo page and it came with a bunch of text but no images and the text is not the same text on the site. On my Mac OS X operating system, I printed the first page of the Apple website and there is the same text as the Yahoo page print out. I do not remember what the text was on the two sheets but the only thing that printed (that I remember), which anyone would expect from printing webpages, was the date and time of visit. Does anyone know how to fix my problem, because the restart of my virtual machine goes too fast for me to read the message that was appearing every time the windows drivers are installed and the printer has been connected to the windows Operating system?:confused:

2. Mr SA

Mr SA Member

3. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

I think I had a similar problem. Somehow when I tried to install the Windows drivers in my VM for the HP printer, it didn't work, but it also hosed up the OSX print drivers for this printer.

I would try this:
    1) Uninstall the HP software/drivers from your XP VM
    2) Uninstall the HP software/drivers from your OSX machine
    3) Uninstall Bonjour for Windows from your XP VM
    4) Re-install the HP software and drivers in your OSX machine
    5) Make sure Printer Sharing is enabled in your OSX machine
    6) Install Bonjour for Windows in your XP VM
    7) Now print that test page again