Parallels Desk. 1970 & XP - No way to get an "@"

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Nekojin, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Nekojin

Nekojin Junior Member

Hello, I just updated to 1970 and noticed that I am no longer able to acces alternative controls (like getting an @ by pressing the "K" button (upsidedown looking K). When I press this button now, I am just getting an "Enter" command.

I already tried to find an option in the parallels preferences as well ass in XP, but no look.

I can not remember to have anything else changed (in windows) to get this error.

Please help me to solve this problem.

2. jammertal

jammertal Bit poster

Just try ctrl alt q

3. antblog701

antblog701 Junior Member

Which language of Windows XP do you have and which language of keyboard layout do you use?

I have no problem inputting "@" (shift + 2) in Win XP under built 1970 of Parallels Desktop.

4. Nekojin

Nekojin Junior Member

Hi thanks for reply.

I am using a Macbook with XP Pro SP2 German with keyboard language set to German Swisse, (since my Macbook is also German Swisse). I just tried out an old backup where the alternative buttons worked fine (when the backup was made), but now, I get the same result...

I think I will go back to the older version

5. fye

fye Bit poster

Seems like you don't need to. I also have German keyboard layout and ctrl+alt+q seems to work fine here.

6. Victor

Victor Member

Same here. I have German German keybard and English for display. No problems with the @ key.

Cant find others thought due to stupid keyboard mapping differences between XP and OS X :mad:

7. Nekojin

Nekojin Junior Member

re

Doesn't work for me...

The only one I can get with Ctrl + alt is "€"

I tried other combinations, but I can't find the @ even the "|" (not an L) works fine with Ctrl + alt and "7"

Hm strange problem

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  8. vilmoskörte

vilmoskörte Member

Not this does not work (maybe under Windows, but I use Linux)