Parallel Tools install problems

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by schwartz, Apr 12, 2006.

1. schwartz

schwartz Member

I did the VM -> install parallel Tools but nothing seemed to happen. Now when I look in the VM menu I see "Cancel Parallel Tools Installation".

It's been like this for hours so I'm pretty sure it should have completed. What am I missing?.

thanks!
    Bill

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

In this case try to browse CD inside your Windows guest and run setup.exe manually. It will help.

3. schwartz

schwartz Member

Browse which CD?

4. steve3

steve3 Member

Same experience here..... used /Library/Tools/Parallel Tools.iso, by control-clicking on the CD at the bottom right, and choosing "Connect Image..." this installed the tools in XP SP2

5. casioguy

casioguy Member

Open Windows Explorer in XP, then click on the CD drive (should be d:) and you will see the tools setup file sitting there. Double-click on it to install.

6. wjshack

wjshack Bit poster

Success with Tools but now CD won't open

Following the thread here I found out how to install the Parallels Tools--thanks folks. However, now whenever I start the VM, I get the message:
    "Unable to Open Device/file Default CD/DVD-ROM"

This did not happen before mounting the Tools image. I have tried restarting uninstalling/reinstalling the CD drive, but that didn't work. Suggestions?

7. sieversjr

sieversjr Bit poster

Ensure you are running on Beta 3
    I had a similiar problem with Beta 2 which did the same thing for the CD/DVD-ROM

8. neilio

neilio Member

I just went and created a brand new VM and everything is working now (sound, tools, etc.) - my VM was created back with beta1, so maybe there were some residual issues?