Ubuntu Linux fails to shut down on a Mac Book Pro

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ebabylon, Sep 13, 2006.

1. ebabylon

ebabylon Bit poster

I have a 15" Mac Book Pro with Parallels Desktop installed. I have both, Windows xp Professional and Linux Ubuntu 6.06 installed and working. Windows work extremely well with Parallels. But I have a problem try to shut down Ubuntu. The process seems to freeze just when are suppose to be completed. Is annoying because the only alternative I have is to quit Parallels without shut down Ubuntu receiving a warning message. Why?

2. manfredell

manfredell Hunter

I can confirm this one...

3. JohnDProctor

JohnDProctor Bit poster

4. bobbydigital

bobbydigital Bit poster

i have this problem as well, although im not sure if it it ubuntu freezing or if it actually terminates and parallels just doesnt see a signal to return to the main menu. the reason i suspect this is because the last action shown on the ubuntu shut down screen is "Program will now halt".

5. limec

limec Member

One of the many reasons why Ubuntu is not listed as officially supported?

6. garyrob

garyrob Bit poster

I'm having this problem too

With a Core 2 MacBook Pro.

7. balkanboris

balkanboris Member

I have also noticed this. If you give the process about 1 minute to shut down and then quit the VM then there appears to be no problems with the next reboot.

8. drsbmac

drsbmac Junior Member

I have had the same situation, and have a fix. Upon exiting Ubuntu Linux, focus doesn't seem to return to Parallels. Just hit the keyboard/mouse release hot keys (Ctrl-Alt on my MacBook Pro), and operation will continue normally.

Hope this helps.:)