Ethernet Printing

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by pan, Nov 17, 2006.

1. pan

pan Junior Member

I have just moved to the Mac from a PC. To ease the transition pain and the cost of replacing software I am using Parallels for the Mac on a MacPro. When I use the stand alone PC I have the computer and Printer on the same network, 192.168.1.1. To print to the Epson 4800 I had just added a TC/IP port to to the printer driver to connect to the printer on 192.168.1.25.

I tried to replicate the same set up on a Guest Pc on Parallels for the Mac. This did not work probably for obvious reasons to those who are smarter. I would imagine part of the issue is that parallels operates on a different network segment. It is not clear to me how to solve this connection problem.

How do I set up to print from Windows to this printer whose address on the network is 192.168.1.25? This printer is only on an Ethernet connection. It is not connected through a computer. A solution or a direction to a previous post would be most welcome.

thanks

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  2. pan

pan Junior Member

Solution

After some effort and finding a post from Darlene. The solution turns out to be quite easy. Following her suggestion I downloaded Bonjour for Windows. Installed it. After launching Bonjour for Windows it quickly found the printer. Then it was just a matter of finding the printer driver either on the computer or CD. Set the printer to default and print a test page.

Without Bonjour it would not have been so simple. That is a great piece of software.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006