How to use OSX print option "Save as PDF" from WinXP ?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by patrous, Nov 18, 2006.

1. patrous

patrous Bit poster

I need to find a way to be able to use the OS X print option "Save as PDF" but from the WinXP side using Parallel. Unfortunately I can't use the Shared Folder to do that as the documents I need to print are dependent on WinXP application only that have no Mac equivalent and couldn't be opened from the Mac side. Said a different way, when working with this windows application and needing to print the reports that it produces, I would like to be able to save them as PDF documents by using the printing option "Save as PDF" only available in OS X as far as I know. I hope this makes sense and is possible.
    I have seen some post regarding Bonjour but have no idea if it could do that ?
    Thanks for any suggestion.

2. neosublime

neosublime Member

3. constant

constant Forum Maven

What application/s are you using?

4. arnoud

arnoud Junior Member

another option if you have Acrobat Distiller on your Mac: create a Postscript printer on the windows side that prints to a file, save that in the shared folder, en process with Distiller on the Mac side?

5. patrous

patrous Bit poster

I solved the problem !

Thanks for your suggestions.
    I played around with CutePDF but for some reason had a hard time getting it to work for me but I found another free application that works very well and is super easy to set up. It is called PrimoPDF . It can be downloaded here http://www.primopdf.com/free-pdf-userguide.asp.
    I have set it up so that it is my default printer and it saves my files directly to the Parallels Shared Folder. Then from the Mac side I can select the file as an attachement to an e.mail and sent it. :)