Right Button on Apple Mighty mouse

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by danMacPRO, Sep 29, 2006.

1. danMacPRO

danMacPRO Bit poster

Does any one know how to activate the Windows XP right button mouse using the (Wireless) Apple Mighty Mouse.

I am not able to get to the Context Menus in Windows XP under parallels.

Daniel

2. alkalifly

alkalifly Hunter

Make sure you have set the right button to the appropriate setting in the mighty mouse system preferences pane. The default is for the right click to be the same as the left click (primary click) so you have to change it yourself.

3. mcbuckeye

mcbuckeye Junior Member

Same problem--no right-click in XP

I have the same issue. My wireless Mighty Mouse right-click button works fine in Mac OS, but does nothing in Parallels/Windows XP.

I have a MMP 17". The two-finger tap on the trackpad works fine in Parallels/XP.

Any ideas?

4. AlanH

AlanH Pro

What is the right button set as in System Preferences/Mouse? My wireless Mighty Mouse has it set to "Secondary Button", and works fine in OS X and Win98se, and in Fedora as well. I can't believe XP is different from 98se.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  5. miker51

miker51 Member

Right button

I think AlanH has the right answer, you have to make sure that the right button is set up properly in system preferences. My Mighty Mouse (corded) works just fine (both left and right button clicks) in both XP and Vista.

6. jwilker

jwilker Junior Member

My Wireless Mighty Mouse right click works just fine in XP.