DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ripfrankwhite, Oct 19, 2006.

1. ripfrankwhite

ripfrankwhite Junior Member

Has anyone found a solution for DVD Shrink? Thanks.

2. theorioles33

theorioles33 Junior Member

I've tried using DVD Decrypter and AnyDVD but my rips are coming out scrambled. Works fine on a Windows machine but nothing seems to work under Parallels. As a matter of fact, playing a DVD under Parallels doesnt work. Everything is all scrambled. Anyone else experience this?

3. kkthompson

kkthompson Bit poster

I noticed that Decryption Status always says "Unencrypted" in DVD Shrink, and on a 'real' PC the discs are encrypted, and show a status. Maybe things aren't getting unencrypted, even though the DVD apps think they are.

4. Wonni

Wonni Bit poster

Hi,

Now I use RipIt4Me include DVD Decrypter and DVDShrink at first time and i think i will have the same problem. But, after the copy with DVD Decrypter i found the files in a different folder and DVDShrink is only to resize the Movie to DVD or DVD DL. That can we do with Toast or other programs, i hope so. I´ll rip a test dvd and after it´s finishd i´ll write a result.

Wonni

Edit: It´s not working with this workaround! I can´t open the *.vob - Files after the rip.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  5. kayen

kayen Bit poster

crossover

ripfrank, i havent tried dvdsrhink in parallels yet, but it worked great in crossovermac. i just had to disabled preview.

its another option

6. ripfrankwhite

ripfrankwhite Junior Member

Just checking up to see if anyone has found a solution for DVD Shrink. If so don't hesitate to share! :) I can't wait until this gets fixed. Thanks!

7. buldir

buldir Bit poster

Try increasing your page file size in the virtual machine. For Windows XP:

1) Right-click on My Computer and select "Properties"
    2) Click the "Advanced" tab and in the "Performance" section, click the "settings" button.
    3) Click the "Advanced" tab again in the Performance Options" dialog box.
    4) In the "Virtual Memory" section, click the "change" button.
    5) Select your "C" drive and make the initial and maximum sizes 1500 and 2500 MB, respectively.
    6) Click the "Set" button and click OK three times.
    7) Reboot the virtual machine.

You should be able to make it all of the way through now. Increasing the size of your paging file creates more memory from your physical hard drive. Give it a whirl.

8. alexthecatt

alexthecatt Bit poster

REALLY frustrating...

Ok, I increased the VM size per above and used the tools to increase the space allotted from 8 gig to 20 gig. Yet, when I go to copy onto the computer, I get an error message that I don't have enough space. Any ideas?

Thanks, Alex

9. Fredric

Fredric Member

10. khad

khad Bit poster

DVD Shrink out of space error

Make sure your Parallels partition is NOT formatted as FAT32 or you can forget about ripping an ISO. FAT32 partitions have a 4GB file size limit: slightly smaller than a DVD ISO. It won't "fit" even though you have plenty of space. Either use NTFS, don't try to rip to an ISO (VIDEO_TS instead), or rip to your home directory in OS X via \\.psf\ network share.

It works great for me. It has worked since 3094. Maybe this is an old thread...