PW 2.1 for Mac OS X beta3 is here!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ben @ Parallels, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Zima

Zima Bit poster

When is USB support coming?

Right now, I still have to use a PC box for QuickBooks Pro, since I can't print checks to the attached USB printer:-( I reaaly want to put the PC box in the trash....:)

Also, a full screen resolution for the 20" iMac would be very nice.

Thanks!

2. Neuron

Neuron Member

Zima, can you print to the attached printer if you share it from your Mac and access it as a network printer in your Windows VM? I'd expect that to work just fine.

3. Zima

Zima Bit poster

Thanks Neuron,

I tried that and couldn't get it to work (saw someplace that it works for PS printers only, and I am using an Epson Stylus Photo 820.)

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

I can't give you exact date but USB support will be introduced prior to official product release.

5. psychoboogie

psychoboogie Junior Member

love parallels. But on the macbook pro if you do something continuous, say a stream from rhapsody, it gets so hot that I think it could be detrimental to the machine. Is there going to be any way to mitigate the heat in the future?

6. eguillem

eguillem Bit poster

Honestly, I think the heat issue doesn't really depend on Parallels. Mine gets really hot when I crank some work on OSX too. The only difference I might see is that Parallels is probably using much more memory than OSX and that could increse heat even more.

7. constant

constant Forum Maven

If you have purchased a given piece of hardware and you make normal use of it, for it then to be overheating would be a problem with manufacture. Wouldn't it?

8. Daktari

Daktari Bit poster

Wirless (eth1)) still not working :( . This is with beta 3 MAcbook pro 2.0Ghz 2GB Ram running Windows Xp sp2.

9. lscline

lscline Junior Member

Wow, thank you!

I'm astounded at the way you folks are turning out the betas and addressing the concerns. Are you ever going to take a weekend off???? :D

The fullscreen support is just wonderful. I've tried one of my (Windows only) slideshows in fullscreen mode with audio and it was beautiful. The photo transitions are smooth; this really performs. Now I can use my Macbook for slideshow presentations!

Thank you so much!!! (Yes, I prepaid around beta2!)

Linda