1966/1970 Network connections flaky

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BruceK, Nov 30, 2006.

1. BruceK

BruceK Member

Since upgrading to builds 1966/1970 the Guest OS networking has become flaky as hell. I've tried every conceivable combination of Sharing and Not Sharing from the Mac OS side combined with Bridged / Shared selections on the Parallels side and I still have frequent (constant?) network dropouts in the Guest OS (Win XP SP2). If I can get IE to work it will only work for about 6 hours and then it drops out again, and the only sure way to recover is to reboot the Guest OS.

But what is very odd is that the Guest OS does not lose all networking. Outlook still works (which really boggles my mind), and I can still connect to my NAS drives. But IE doesn't work. Executing ipconfig /release and /renew on the Guest OS side is successful but IE still won't run.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd hate to have to go back to build 1940 but if I must...

2. ksenks

ksenks Parallels Developers

We apologize that such situation arose. I'm sure that we'll be able to deal with the problem promptly.

Please try restarting your Mac. After the restart all should work fine. If it is not, just reinstall Parallels Desktop for Mac once more.

3. BruceK

BruceK Member

Ksenks:

So far so good. But I need to let things run for a bit to see if the problem is truly fixed, as the connection has seemed to work for a while (hours) and then go flaky. Thanks for your help!

Bruce

4. BruceK

BruceK Member

Didn't work. At least, not 100%. I leave my system on 24/7 and this morning IE will not connect to the Internet. I can still get Outlook mail and I can still access my NAS but no IE. And Repairing the link using Network Connections didn't help. It restored the IP address immediately but still no IE.