Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3036 Beta is available for download.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simibilly@mac.com

simibilly@mac.com Member

Parallels Desktop for Mac Beta Build 3036. When attempting to launch RealFlight G3.5 Flight Simulator, I get the following dialog and the application will not launch.
    "Your video card is not able to render 3D images. If you have a 3D card make sure you have the latest drivers."
    This aplication runs without problem when run under BootCamp. Any idea what the problem might be?

2. asondica

asondica Bit poster

Andrew (or anyone on the team),

I suppose my question was missed, so here it goes again.

Sure, no USB2 support, i guess.. but will you bring a fix to this Logitech webcam issue? it works fine on USB1.1 on my pc notebook. And what about the iSight, if i use bootcamp with the embedded driver?

3. Paul Linden

Paul Linden Member

I haven't installed this yet, but it looks like an excellent upgrade.

I don't want to be too critical of a great product, but ... not everyone uses Parallels with Windows. When are we Linux geeks going to get all this for our Linux VMs? Can we at least have Parallels Tools for Linux?

4. bcohen44

bcohen44 Bit poster

So given the issue Mike51 found, if you have a Mac Pro, will this beta 3036 code work?

5. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Try to reboot once again in Parallels to activate mouse. And don't forget to install Parallels Tools on Boot Camp.

6. nick083

nick083 Member

Move Windows Taskbar

Hello bioengineer,

In order to move Windows takbar:
    1) Right click on it.
    2) Uncheck the "Lock Taskbar" if it's checked
    3) Drag taskbar to the right, left or top part of the screen.
    4) right click on it again
    5) Check the "Lock Taskbar" option

Hope this helps.

Nick

7. miker51

miker51 Member

It seems to work as long as you turn off the automatic memory allocation feature (under preferences in Parallels).

However, I have found another problem. This one involved Parallels tools in Vista (the RTM version of Vista). Once the tools are installed, when you reboot the VM, it will not run. Just gets stuck trying to load Vista.

Apparently the tools aren't fully Vista compatible yet.

Confirmed this with a pre-existing VM, and also a newly-created one.

8. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

I agree that USB 2.0 is important, but why do you need multiprocessor support in VM? Parallels Desktop is tuned to run best on dual core Macs - one core is fully utilized by Windows and second core by Mac OS X. Optimal performance for both systems.

9. cnick

cnick Bit poster

I am getting the same message as well. Could it be the FAT32 install?

10. tychop

tychop Junior Member

I've just uninstalled Parallels Tools for Boot Camp & then reinstalled it on XP again.
    But still I cannot boot my bootcamp via parallel's. I know it's still beta, but I've done everything as the help file suggests.
    My Bootcamp XP was installed via the Bootcamp assistant.

How did you guys get it to work? Or are you all running on VM images?

Is there pherhaps a Log file on my intel iMac which I can send to parallels?

11. PetraHonig

PetraHonig Junior Member

Hi,

the coherence mode is nice but I have very ugly large characters. Is there any chance to smoothen the fonts.

Also the DOS box, e.g. cmd command does not work in coherence mode. E.g. the window does not appear if started in coherence mode. Switching to windows mode and than back to coherence displays the DOS box but moving it around destroys parts of it.

12. BEIGE

BEIGE Member

I'm also getting the Unable to open disk image Boot Camp error. installed the tools first in Windows XP SP2 / Fat32 on a MBP.

13. derek

derek Bit poster

Love Coherence... Idea for an better implementation

I love coherence and how my experience is totally integrated... almost.

I think that a huge step would be to do the following...

on an initial switch to coherence, a helper tool would pop up that asks if you would like to copy all of your pc desktop documents to your mac desktop. This would be pretty easy to do given the new drag and drop capabilities.

The next step in the helper would be to re-map the pc desktop to read the mac desktop... then whether you are in Windows or OSX, writing to the desktop writes to the same place.

AWESOME development work guys!

14. BlueSkyISdotCOM

BlueSkyISdotCOM Member

Direct video card access is not supported in any virtualization software. You'll need to run BootCamp for 3D since BootCamp is not virtualization software.

15. derek

derek Bit poster

If the dos box is kept on top of an existing Windows window, it remains whole. If dragged anywhere outside of another window, the portion not over the window disappears.

16. nick083

nick083 Member

Hello BillInSoBe,

Probably you have CD autorun feature disabled in Windows. In order to start installation manually do the following:

1) Click on "Install Parallels Tools"
    2) Wait 5 seconds
    3) Open Windows Explorer
    4) Go to CD-ROM drive (typically D:)
    5) Run "PrlTools.exe" installation

Hope this helps.

Nick

17. mckingsley

mckingsley Bit poster

I have the same problem with the windows activation thing. I did for sure install the parelles for boot camp stuff first and in boot camp. Then I came back to mac, created a virtual machine for parallels and got the message with each boot. The first time I booted I had the mouse problem, but then I did a force shutdown and the next boot everything is fine, and I also installed the parelles tools.

any ideas.

18. moo083

moo083 Bit poster

BootCamp Error

I am, like tychop, having a problem trying to run my Boot Camp partition in Parallels. I installed the tools in Boot Camp, and then restarted and installed this version of Parallels and told it I was using Boot Camp when creating a new VM. When trying to boot the drive in Parallels, it said "Unable to open disk image Boot Camp!"

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or do I need to wait for an official version?:(

19. derek

derek Bit poster

Drag and Drop

When I try to drag a document from Notes onto the desktop it LOOKS like it wants to work, i.e. the mac + sign comes up but the file doesnt get copied anywhere, either in windows or to the mac desktop.

20. skelley

skelley Bit poster

better dual head experience ?

I run a iMac with an additional monitor. I have so that the VM is full screen on the second monitor.

Now with Coherence I can put my Mac and Windows apps on the second monitor (which is nice). But I cannot put Windows apps onto the primary display. Anyway to make that happen ?

Thanks !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.