3036 Coherence dual-monitor issues

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by unused_user_name, Dec 1, 2006.

1. unused_user_name

unused_user_name Pro

I've been playing with 3036, and I've seen a few bugs with Coherence:

When running dual-screen, the start menu stays on the primary display, even if the secondary display is below the primary display.

Also: I can not move applications from the primary display to the secondary display.

I believe this to be related to the fact that Parellels only supports a single display. I suggest that Coherence be modified so that a single rectangle is created as the guest OS display size such that this rectangle is greater or equal to the size of all the monitors in use by the Mac. The side effect of this is that some area of the Windows VM's screen might be off the visable physical screen, however this is not a bad thing.

I also reccomend that this rectangle is centered on the location of the start menu so that the start button is never out of the visable display area.

If these changes are made then all physical screens could be used even though Parallels only supports a single monitor.

From a programming point of view, this is a much easier change to make then adding a second monitor, but it would have basically the same results.

2. mvk

mvk Member

Dual Monitors

I have a dual monitor setup with 30" and a 23" Apple displays. The 30" is the primary. I can start Parallels and put the application window on the secondary monitor. I then start up the VM - it appears on my secondary monitor. When I turn on coherence, the Windows menubar is at the bottom of my second monitor - which is very nice. The Windows program windows are limited to the secondary monitor. I do have screen redraw and color depth problems, as others have reported.

Mac Pro Quad 3.0
    6 GB RAM
    Boot Drive Raptor X 150 X RAID 0

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  3. unused_user_name

unused_user_name Pro

Bump to top, hopefully a Parallels Dev will notice this thread...