VPN connections in XP

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by VmarkV, Apr 17, 2006.

1. VmarkV

VmarkV Bit poster

:D

VPN works great!

Ignore this thread. Sorry! :D

Thanks!
    Mark Vincent

Mac Book Pro 2.0
    2Gigs Ram
    256 Meg Video

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  2. sieversjr

sieversjr Bit poster

I have been able to successfully get the Cisco VPN Client working just fine with Parallels
    However, there is one quirky bit of behavior in Beta 3. You need to wait for a minute or so after the VM boots to give the environment time to bring up the services. From that point forward, you can use as normal and start immediately anytime you wish while the VM remains powered up.

I have exact same hardware configuration as you and Parallels absolutely flies!

3. VmarkV

VmarkV Bit poster

Havent Tried the Cisco client

Thats good news about the cisco client but im trying to use just a plain vanilla PPTP VPN connection in windows XP. Has anyone go this to work?

P.S. I would agree...the performance of the product is just amazing, If I can just nail this VPN issue I may never need to use a real XP machine again! I have already kicked out me RedHat 4 box from under my desk!
    :D

4. sspooner

sspooner Bit poster

Plain ol' vanilla PPTP works for me, using the standard client.
    I have also added routes so that I can use local resources rather than all my traffic going trough VPN.

5. VmarkV

VmarkV Bit poster

Your Totally right. I suck everybody. It works GREAT!! I had my companies old VPN IP address put in. This PROGRAM ROCKS!!

Mark