BSOD using Boot Camp boot

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Raggles55, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Raggles55

Raggles55 Bit poster

2. Raggles55

Raggles55 Bit poster

Okay it seems Safe Mode seems to work fine. Why wouldn't a normal boot work..?

3. marchaos

marchaos Bit poster

I'm also getting this exact same problem, but the error occurs in safe mode also

4. friedmar

friedmar Junior Member

Bsod

Hi,

me too, BSOD with normal startup. Seemst to run in Safe Mode, but no access to externel wireless keyboard and mounse (Logitech Mac).

5. Raggles55

Raggles55 Bit poster

Would you guys happen to be running Anti-Virus software?

If I remember correctly, I had a problem with Vista and a BSOD after installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Could that cause a BSOD via Parallels also? I have XP installed, not Vista.

6. icurnvs

icurnvs Bit poster

I'm having the same exact problem. I have Free AVG antivirus installed. I'll uninstall it and let you all know if it works....I doubt it will have any effect, but you never know...

7. icurnvs

icurnvs Bit poster

Unfortunately uninstalling AVG Free didn't work...<sigh>
    Anyone have any more ideas?

8. friedmar

friedmar Junior Member

Hi,

I run Kasperski but are not able to remove it because naether BootCamp nor Paralles work. Both end with BSOD!

9. friedmar

friedmar Junior Member

BSOD in Parallels and BootCamp

:mad:
    Hi Parallels Guys,

what could we do to help you solve our problem? After installing the tools in BootCamp XP SP4 German and setting up a Bootcam VM I get a BSOD as well in native BootCamp as in Parallels.

Even safe mode works.

Is there a way to remove the tools from bootcamp?

Here is the contents of my boot.ini

[boot loader]

timeout=-1

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /kernel=ntkopvs_.exe /hal=halopvs_.dll

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Parallels configuration" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /kernel=ntkppvs_.exe /hal=halppvs_.dll

Any idea thet helps to bring the system back without reinstalling?

Thx Friedmar

10. ckougar

ckougar Bit poster

same here ... as described... i tried uninstalling kaspersky ... couldn't thouhg as i were in safe mode... any thoughts of how i can uninstall just to check...?

can't boot in bootcamp as i get restarts all the time...
    can't boot in parallels, only in safe mode...

:mad:

11. chrislee149

chrislee149 Junior Member

Same problem here. I've had to reinstall my entire system once before, and also Boot Camp alone once before due to this problem. Tried again today and got the same deal. Luckily, I was able to select Safe Mode in Boot Camp after a few restarts (usually, I can't select anything with my keyboard), and used System Restore. I also have Kaspersky installed, so I think that's probably the problem. I think I'll uninstall it, reinstall Parallels Tools, and get back to you guys (though I will likely be hitting myself in the face in an hour).

EDIT: Again, after several restarts, I was able to select the profiles, and booted Windows XP without a BSOD! Seems like Kaspersky is indeed the problem.

EDIT2: Still a BSOD when trying to boot with Parallels. :(

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006